Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Modern theme for Magento frontend interface - How do I install the sample homepage template

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

I have sucessfully installed the extension key for the Modern Theme.

I want to try out the sample homepage template file.

The Overview Instructions says:

“How to view the homepage as you see in the demo

There is a sample homepage template file in the extension you can access via ‘template/sample/home.phtml’.
In order to assign this as your homepage, navigate to Admin -> CMS -> Manage Pages -> Homepage. Under the “content” label, enter the following:
{{block type="core/template" template="sample/home.phtml"}}
Save this new setting, and you should have a homepage identical to the one in the demo.”

Should this line replace all the code under the “content” label, or should I just replace the one line in the code that read {{block type="tag/popular" template="tag/popular.phtml"}} ??

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

Sorry, I could have tried this out for myself.

I have just learnt that I should replace all the code, in order to use the samle homepage template file.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community