Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Redirecting old OSc Url’s to new site, about 10,000 Indexed

vbwebsites

Total Posts:  93
Virginia

I have long time client that we setup a store for with about 50,000 items about 5 years ago in OsCommerce. Now we have built a new site with magento with about 75,000 items. We want to redirect old url’s to correct page on new site / new url. Google as of now see’s just under 10,000 pages.

What would you’ll recommend?

Your help and ideas are greatly appreciated!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

vbwebsites

Virginia

Any thoughts on this???

We could try to catch this, then perform a search based on the name..

OLDdomain.com/shop/10x14-smoking-sign-p-55555.html

Turns in to search of : “10x14 smoking sign p”

(the “p” is there because all we would do is strip out the record number and the dashes)

I am not sure if I can do a actual 404 page, with the search result in it (that would be best), but we can absolutely redirect to a search..

NEWDOMAIN.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=10x14+smoking+sign+p

Possibly we can perform a search, if it returns one product send them to that product’s page directly?

Magento Community
Magento Community

vbwebsites

Virginia

anyone have any ideas? I always try to assist where i can.. come on folks. just looking for ideas or past experiences.

Magento Community
Magento Community

vbwebsites

Virginia

tuesday morning bump

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community