Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Where do coupons show up during billing? 

MunchyMonster

Total Posts:  71
New Hampshire, USA

I’ve gone into Promotions/Shopping Cart Price Rules and I’ve created a shopping cart rule.  I’m trying to make a quick and simple rule that says so long as the user has more than $5.00 in the subtotal $5.00 will be deducted from the total of the cart. 

I go pick some stuff from my demo store to test my shiny new rule and proceed to “My Cart” where there is a big box begging me to enter my coupon code.  I do.  I push the handsome little “Apply Coupon” button and the coupon shows up nicely in my subtotal panel.  I note that the grand total is the subtotal minus $5.00.  Just as I hoped it would be and there is a notation in the subtotal panel explaining the deduction.  So far I’m really happy… cool smile

So I push the giant “Proceed to Checkout” button.  As I fill in my info I’m quietly thinking that everything must be taken care of since my bablance appeared correctly on the previous screen.  Imagine my surprise big surprise  when I get the “order review” page and my coupon and it’s nice little $5.00 discount are gone too.

This leads me to imagining angry >:-( customers just giving up and leaving my shop, when they were inches away from completing the sale.  Can someone explain what happened between happy (in the shopping cart) and angry (at order review)?

I’ve also tried this with multiple ship to adresses and no better luck.

-MunchyMonster

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MunchyMonster

Total Posts:  71
New Hampshire, USA

I know it isn’t helpful, but this just started working.  I guess I must have done something wrong, but I can’t put my finger on it.

Munchy Monster

Magento Community
Magento Community

mzentrale1
Guru

Total Posts:  731
Stuttgart, Germany

Hi,

i also have that problem, within cart my coupon discount is shown, but not in checkout review.

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

egchicago

Total Posts:  4

Did you ever figure out how to get your coupons to show up on the order review tab?  Having the same problem.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community