Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Installation of EE_Lite (2011-12-21-04-2128) stuck in non-resolving loop

remenecker

Total Posts:  2

Hi all,

I am having a challenge installing EE Lite. When running the web-based installation, after entering my db information, it goes into a non-resolving redirect and eventually the browser barfs.

The attached JPEG shows the request and response headers.

On searching the web, I’ve found others that have had problems with non-resolving installation loops with Magento, but none of the solutions I’ve found seem to work (where solutions were provided).

Things done/tried:
- Add/remove htaccess
- Add/remove/change RewriteBase valie in htaccess
- Delete and recreate database. Note the installer never makes it to the point of adding tables to the empty db.
- Modified app/code/core/Mage/Install/etc/config.xml to set mysql_pdo to a value of 1. It is an empty, self-closed tag otherwise.

Also, I’m not seeing error output in the webroot or anything helpful in the webroot/var folder.

Any suggestions?

Image Attachments
http-request-response.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community