Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

newsletter

jazcool

Total Posts:  4

Can anybody explain how I an set up in magento to capture a newsletter subscriber’s first and last names so that i can do mass email campaign?

Also, is there a way to do mass email campaign within magento (ver. 1.7.02)?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jazcool

Total Posts:  4

1.In the Admin panel, select Customers > Manage Customers. Click
2.Click Refresh Filter to display all your customers.
3.Click select all
4.From the Actions field in the top right of this page, select Subscribe to Newsletter.
5.Click Submit

All registered customers are now subscribed to your newsletter. Now you can create a newsletter template at Newsletter / Newsletter Templates.
1.After creating and saving the template you can schedule it by selecting Queue Newsletter in the Action pull down.
2.Select a date and time at Queue Date Start you want to start sending your newsletter.
3.Click on Save Newsletter and you will see the scheduled newsletter at the Newsletter Queue.
4.If every thing goes right you will see that after a while all the recipients will receive the newsletter and the status should be Sent

If you don’t want to subscribe all customers to the newsletter, you can use this extension: http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/marketing/email-marketing/mass-email-to-registered-customers-7187.html

share|improve this answer

answered Oct 25 ‘12 at 18:25
i.amniels

I followed the exactly steps as outlined by i.amniels. But the status never changed to sent; always marked “NOT SENT”
How to triger the “send” ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageBuzz

Total Posts:  32

That’s good. Thanks for sharing your answer

Magento Community
Magento Community

christinavick
Guru