Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Getting Table / Column Already Exist Errors

bnownlater

Total Posts:  5
Orlando, Florida

I got to the installation page and entered in my database connection information. I was then redirected to the /report/ page and provide such errors as table already exists, column already exists. I have deleted the install.php file. I deleted all of the database tables. I go back to the index.php page and the tables get recreated, but I get random table alreayd exists or column already exists errors. No error message has been the same.

Installed on Go Daddy hosting Linux / MySQL 5 shared servers.

Any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bnownlater

Orlando, Florida

Not sure why the Magento team does not have installation instructions for Go Daddy? I had to poke around the forum to find all of the pieces neccessary.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bnownlater

Orlando, Florida

Fixed it. I had to go in and comment out the file that was trying to build the tables.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community