Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Tablerate Shipping

pauljg1

Total Posts:  179

Hi,

i have set up my tablerate shipping weight vrs destination for the U.K and uploaded it to magento and this worked to the correct cost.

I have now add other european destinations and the US which will have a higher postage cost for these areas.

Since adding higher postage cost to my table it seems to overide all lower postage destinations, which it applys the highest postage cost in my table to all worldwide destinations.

If i remove all different postage costs and just keep with one simple tarrif this work fine.

I have gathered that it seems to only take one rule from the table that being the highest.

Can anyone help me with this question

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

radders

Total Posts:  162

Table rate shipping is not fully working in the current release. See the release notes.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pauljg1

Does anyone know a fix?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Loxam

Total Posts:  60

There is a sort of fix,

Magento is set to have several storefronts, UK, EU, World, Etc.

A Workaround for postage costs would be to create a new storefront - that would allow you to set european prices, same with us, etc.

Personally I do not like this method and prefer to have it all in 1 site - so its a waiting game until tablerates are fixed (or better postage introduced).

Magento Community
Magento Community

Loxam

Follow up, I have now split it into 3 sections on the site:

UK Webstore
Europe Webstore
Global Webstore

That allows me to set the 3 different postage options (royal mail) needed.
Its pretty nice actually this system, although unusual as I have never seen an ecommerce site use this style before...setting different currencies etc for each site does have its advantages.

The only problem I have now is to change a bit of text -
When you split it into the different webtore’s you get a dropdown to select which you want - which is great BUT
the text next to the dropdown reads “Your Language:”
This is fine when you are doing German, English, etc.  But I want the text to read “Your Region:” or the like.

Does anyone know where the page is to change that bit of text smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

pauljg1

Hi Loxan,

how did you split the site into 3 sections?

Was it a case of clicking manage stores in the system config and then adding the stores there. I have done this and would then expect to then select e.g European Webstore in the Current Configuration Scope, select new store from there and then add a separate tablerate.

Anyhelp would be appreciated. wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

Loxam

Goto the Manage Stores,

Then create a new webstore, on the setup options make it under the root of your main store.

Set it as active

You then get the dropdowns on the site.

Ill pm you a link to my site to show you smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

pauljg1

Cheer Loxam this makes sense now Thanks for your help.  grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

Loxam

Disaster !

Although all that works fine,

you can’t set individual shipping at the webstore level, only at the level above that.

Which means were back to square 1 :(

Im still investigating, will post when I find out more.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Loxam

Just checked,

To set shipping profiles it has to be at the Website level (top level).

This is no good at all for what I need as it means you would have to have several websites for:

.eu

.com

.co.uk

although that could work, it isn’t practically very useful to solve the existing bug.  If someone sees something im missing here let me know smile

Rich

Magento Community
Magento Community

Loxam

I think I have worked out the temp. fix to this, but would require duplicating something (and someone like tweakmag’s help smile)

If it is possible to duplicate the current table rate module, we could set several different csv rates for different countries:

Enable
Table Rates (UK)
Set countries UK
upload uk tablerates.csv

Enable
Table Rates (Europe)
Set countries to Europe
upload europe tablerates.csv

etc.

Im pretty sure this would work, as its possible to set free shipping and flat shipping to all work together etc.

Now, just need someone who knows how to duplicate the tablerate to make more modules wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

pauljg1

I see what you mean, maybe magento will release the patch or the next version soon rolleyes

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community