Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Suggestions: How to edit “Pager” function on Category pages. 

mr_dimsum

Total Posts:  35

Hello,

I generally feel that the stock theme of Magento will suffice for most beginners.. And if not, than the Modern theme available as an extension surely is. I’ve managed to go a length’s way with CSS alone, but wanted to begin “axing” out features that I find cumbersome for the relatively simple nature of my store.

I’m a minimalist, so I’m looking for ways to reduce clutter. One thing in particular, is the Pager that appears in Category pages. I want to disable the features to allow users to “Show X per page” and “View as Grid | List”.. What I do want to keep is the Item Counts, and possible some “Sort By” features.

Anybody figured out a way to modify this? Could you kindly point me to the appropriate file? I haven’t been able to find anything just yet. Or better yet, is there somewhere in admin I am missing this option to edit it? I am aware that there is a setting to enable the default View type (Grid / List) but that’s about it.

Cheers!

Regards,
Danny

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

WebShopApps
Guru

Total Posts:  460
London, UK

Not sure on the “proper” answer, but I just modified toolbar.phtml under app area directly.  Seemed to do it for me.

Rgds

Karen

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community