Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Moving Site to new domain name

sssteven

Total Posts:  16

I hope someone can help me.  I am not a computer expert, although I did build a store using magento ce so I am not an idiot.
I would like to move my current store to another domain name.  I know there is a way to make up to 3 stores using different domain names but I cannot find the help on how to do that.
I do have other issues though, I have built my site on a linux server, will I be able to move to a windows server?
I do not have to move, I can just add another domain name if that is an issue, but I just need a little help on how to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Steven

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

TRMMarketing

Total Posts:  145

Steve, perhaps you will find this guide useful, it describes how to setup multiple store-fronts of the same Magento installation. Also note that you are not limited to only 3 store fronts, you can have many more.

How to setup multiple store fronts on one magento installation

If you have questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMageTeam
Guru

Total Posts:  356
Warsaw, Poland

Hello,

Please, use this link in order to get to know what to do in your situation:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9390839/magento-1-6-2-multiple-stores

It is the best help about the multistore.

Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMageTeam
Guru

Total Posts:  356
Warsaw, Poland

Hello,

Or please, use this one:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/overview-how-multiple-websites-stores-work/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community