Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Bulk Product Import - Image Does Not Exist

nd_86

Total Posts:  3

Hi guys, fairly new to magento so I’m trying to pick it up as I go along. I’ve seen a bunch of threads on this but nothing seems to work.

What I’m doing is exporting a load of products that are on a live site that is currently online, and trying to import them to a new site that I’m bulding locally on my machine (using XAMPP to host it). I’ve tried both a CSV and a Excel XML file, both times I get ‘Image does not exist’ when processing, and thus nothing is imported.

I’ve tried copying all the images to the media>import file (which seemed to work for a bunch of people on here), same result, I also tried adding the file location before the initial / before the images. Nothing works! Is it something to do with the fact it’s being hosted locally? The site itself is stored in xampp>htdocs>magento

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as there are nearly 1500 products I’d rather I didn’t have to build the entire site again from the ground up.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nd_86

Total Posts:  3

Never mind - got it to work using the Magami client in the thread below!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Monty_iLM
Guru

Total Posts:  450

Hi,

Have a look this thread http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12045151/magento-image-does-not-exist

Hope this will help you!!

Thanks

Monty
iLoveMage

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community