Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Moving the logo to a different block

S. Bob

Total Posts:  3

In the default configuration the logo is in the header. I have created a new theme and modified it to use a layout where the left column starts top left of page. The header, header nav and middle sections are to the right. I have moved the the code that inserts the logo from the header.phtml to my custom 2columns-left.phtml, however the image will not load. When the page loads, the link is created but the image source and alt text are missing. I have looked everywhere to try figure out why the below isn’t working any longer after moving the code.

<?php echo $this->getLogoSrc() ?>” alt="<?php echo $this->getLogoAlt() ?>

Anyone else attempt to move the logo, or use a structure other than the 1, 2, or 3 column layouts supplied?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community