Magento Forum

One page checkout broken in custom design

sccr410

Total Posts:  76

For my custom design, the one page checkout doesn’t seem to work anymore. The boxes on the right don’t want to populate the data and I can’t get past the shipping step.

http://www.ashwebdev.com/blackarrow/checkout/onepage/

I’ve tried to verify that all the JavaScript in the default design is used in my design - seems to all be there. I can’t find anything that is really different except for the header/footer design. I’ve left all the checkout template files exact the same as the default.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Ross
Guru

Total Posts:  336
Scarborough, North Yorkshire, UK

I ran into this problem a while back, and it took me a while to find the problem.

The javascript on the one-page checkout uses the class name of the right-column for doing DOM updates, so if your custom theme changes that (in the main page layout) then it will stop it working.

Refer to the .phtml files for the default theme (main page layouts) and copy the class name from there (I did post about this elsewhere though if you need more detail).

Hope that helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

sccr410

Total Posts:  76

Yep, that was it. Just a note, the class name is “col-right”, not “right-column” (in case someone hits this thread without seeing the other)

Magento Community
Magento Community

toadx

Total Posts:  21

Oh god!  I just spent hours and hours trying to fix this problem myself.  Thanks for the insight!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community