Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Shipping Destination Set Globally Instead of Per User? 

leetaylordoes

Total Posts:  227
San Diego, CA

Hi all,

I noticed inside the Magento Admin, that the UPS Destination type is set as a global configuration by the Admin. But what if each customer has a specific destination type that is needed?

The way it looks now, it seems Magento has limited the options to set Destination type per customer, by only allowing the ADMIN to set a global configuration setting for shipping destination. Am I correct?

What if we want the customer to choose the destination type?

Unfortunately, there is very little documentation at this point for Shipping with Magento.

Has anyone experience with this yet?

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

leetaylordoes

Total Posts:  227
San Diego, CA

Anyone having to deal with this issue?

I’m unsure if Magento natively built in functionality to only allow the ADMIN the ability to set the “Destination Type” for all customer purchases?

If not limited to setting Destination Type only to store-wide purchases, is it possible (without customization) to allow each customer to choose their normal choice of Destination Type?
Or is customization needed to make this happen?

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lior
Magento Team

Total Posts:  293

Destination type can be only set in the admin on the site level in the native functionality, you will have to customize it to be on the customer level.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community