Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 4 of 4
Shipping Configuration with UPS XML

_Lobo_

Total Posts:  35

MAGNETO.ME - 19 February 2009 08:01 AM

To get the NEGOTIATED RATES on magento 1.2.1

edit the file :  app/code/core/Mage/Usa/Model/Shipping/Carrier/Ups.php

around line 634 replace :

$costArr[$code] $shipElement->TotalCharges->MonetaryValue;
$priceArr[$code] $this->getMethodPrice(floatval($shipElement->TotalCharges->MonetaryValue),$code);

with :

$costArr[$code] $shipElement->NegotiatedRates->NetSummaryCharges->GrandTotal->MonetaryValue;
$priceArr[$code] $this->getMethodPrice(floatval($shipElement->NegotiatedRates->NetSummaryCharges->GrandTotal->MonetaryValue),$code);

This is all I need to do on Magento 1.3.0 (March 30, 2009) ?

Where can I find a small STEP by STEP ? sorry I’m a newbie, I have Magento working but until now I cannot make work Magento with Worldship and our negotiated rates.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kmgkid

Total Posts:  6

I moved my store to a new server and now my UPS shipping will not work. Just get the “This shipping method is currently unavailable. If you would like to ship using this shipping method, please contact us”.

Anyone have any ideas? Thank you

Magento Community
Magento Community

lividinstruments

Total Posts:  64

Yeah this thread seems to be outdated, I can’t find any of this code in my ups.php file. Anyone who has it working on 1.3.2.3 if you could guve some insight that would be great.

Magento Community
Magento Community

redsuperhawk

Total Posts:  25
Chicago area

lividinstruments - 21 August 2009 11:43 AM

Yeah this thread seems to be outdated, I can’t find any of this code in my ups.php file. Anyone who has it working on 1.3.2.3 if you could guve some insight that would be great.

Livid, I don’t know if we’re in the same boat, but I got the UPS negotiated rate working on the same version as you.

I switched the UPS type to United Parcel Service XML. I left all the defaults, and entered the four customized parts - Access license #, User ID, password and Shipper #. The User ID, Pass, and Shipper # were already to supplied to me at my work as we already have an account with UPS, so that part may differ from you. Then I got the Access Key from the UPS website. Go to UPS.com and do a search for Online Tools. You’ll have to register, get a Developer’s Key, then enter that Developer’s Key to get your Access Key.

Good luck.
Jeff

Magento Community
Magento Community

Romain_C

Total Posts:  74
Hossegor, France

Hi to all,

we’ve alo been working around UPS shipping integration in magento, but even if it’s a core integration it seems hard for everybody to get it running properly.
After few days of research and testing, I found this thread that brings with nice debugging hints even if it’s a bit outdated right now.

I’m currently working with magento 1.3.2.3, ups negotiated rates looks like to be supported now by magento, anyway I won’t cover this specific issue and I will try to help with getting the default UPS rates working (the “This shipping method is currently unavailable” issue).

Thanks to @bott and @timothyleetaylor at http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/6529/P15/ for their contribution

First of all even on the 1.3.2.3 version, here is what I had to do to make it working :

- about XML URLs : I got the confirmation from the ups support that the new urls are the ones starting with “onlinetools.ups” : While both addresses are functional, we expect new customers to use the new address as stated in the latest documentation. Because of the expected disruption to existing customers using the original URL, there are no current plans to disable the URL.

- about curl ssl support : I did have to update the ups.php file according to @bott post for receiving the ups xml response.

- even if the curl connection was ok, I still had the “method not available” message but by logging the response value I could read the ups error :
“This measurement system is not valid for the selected country.” So that I knew that there was a weight measurement unit issue. After updating the “weight unit” option in magento admin the rates were finally displaying on the frontend.

What I should advice is to check up 2 things :
- first that your magento site is able to connect to UPS xml api. For that you have to display the xml response received from ups with

Mage::log($xmlResponse);
If you keep getting an empty response you must try to update the curl call.

- once you get a response from UPS api, you may still get the “Method not available” on the front end if there is a configuration error. For that look at the $xmlResponse content in your system.log and update your magento/ups settings according to the error description.

This helped us for making ups working maybe this can help you too ...

Magento Community
Magento Community

vaibhavm

Total Posts:  1

Hi,

I am using Magento ver. 1.3.2.3, I have setup UPS account in Magento admin with access license key, user id and passowrd.

But still I am getting following error.

This shipping method is currently unavailable. If you would like to ship using this shipping method, please contact us.

I am trying this on my local host.

--thanks
Vaibhav

Image Attachments
meg_ups_settings1.JPG

Magento Community
Magento Community

zegga

Total Posts:  5

Hello all, after several days configuring ups, usps and paypal standar I finally had success, but I have a little problem:

What is the process to registre the ship on UPS and USPS?
How to and where to print the label for the box?
Where I get the shipping tracking ID?
Does the system automatically sends the tracking ID to the customer?

Well, for this question there aren’t currently manual on the internet forums or I have not found any, please can you help me with this. this is very important for all that no have experience with magento commerce.

Magento Community
Magento Community

litmusdesigns

Total Posts:  11

I found that my password was not compatible with XML. I got it to work by changing line 219 of Ups.php from:

<Password>$userid_pass</Password>
to:
<Password><![CDATA[$userid_pass]]></Password>

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 4 of 4