Hi to all,
we’ve alo been working around UPS shipping integration in magento, but even if it’s a core integration it seems hard for everybody to get it running properly.
After few days of research and testing, I found this thread that brings with nice debugging hints even if it’s a bit outdated right now.
I’m currently working with magento 184.108.40.206, ups negotiated rates looks like to be supported now by magento, anyway I won’t cover this specific issue and I will try to help with getting the default UPS rates working (the “This shipping method is currently unavailable” issue).
Thanks to @bott and @timothyleetaylor at http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/6529/P15/ for their contribution
First of all even on the 220.127.116.11 version, here is what I had to do to make it working :
- about XML URLs : I got the confirmation from the ups support that the new urls are the ones starting with “onlinetools.ups” : While both addresses are functional, we expect new customers to use the new address as stated in the latest documentation. Because of the expected disruption to existing customers using the original URL, there are no current plans to disable the URL.
- about curl ssl support : I did have to update the ups.php file according to @bott post for receiving the ups xml response.
- even if the curl connection was ok, I still had the “method not available” message but by logging the response value I could read the ups error :
“This measurement system is not valid for the selected country.” So that I knew that there was a weight measurement unit issue. After updating the “weight unit” option in magento admin the rates were finally displaying on the frontend.
What I should advice is to check up 2 things :
- first that your magento site is able to connect to UPS xml api. For that you have to display the xml response received from ups with
If you keep getting an empty response you must try to update the curl call.
- once you get a response from UPS api, you may still get the “Method not available” on the front end if there is a configuration error. For that look at the $xmlResponse content in your system.log and update your magento/ups settings according to the error description.
This helped us for making ups working maybe this can help you too ...