Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Shipping Configuration with UPS XML

_Lobo_

Total Posts:  35

I follow tha steps that katiek648 post there is something else that we need to do? This steps are in wiki/tutorials ?

katiek648 - 21 May 2008 08:44 AM

Has anyone else gotten the UPS XML to work? If so, can you provide the steps you took to get this going. I have tried everything suggested in this thread, except for contacting UPS to switch to production server which I just sent in a request now.

Things I have done so far:
1) Changed URLs to:
https://onlinetools.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate
https://onlinetools.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Track

2) Updated curl script on UPS.php file

3) Entered Access Key, username, password

When I test the “Estimated Shipping and Tax” box it gives me the regular quote, not our discounted quote.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Juanky

Total Posts:  4

_Lobo_ - 04 June 2008 10:07 AM

I follow tha steps that katiek648 post there is something else that we need to do? This steps are in wiki/tutorials ?

Has anyone else gotten the UPS XML to work? If so, can you provide the steps you took to get this going. I have tried everything suggested in this thread, except for contacting UPS to switch to production server which I just sent in a request now.

Things I have done so far:
1) Changed URLs to:
https://onlinetools.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate
https://onlinetools.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Track

2) Updated curl script on UPS.php file

3) Entered Access Key, username, password

When I test the “Estimated Shipping and Tax” box it gives me the regular quote, not our discounted quote.

It works. I was stuck with the same problem, but yesterday, fortunately, I found where is the problem.
Doing some debugging in Ups.php, I saw that the item on my cart had no value in weight attribute. By putting a weight, it worked perfectly.
I also turn the script to its original state (I remove the options in curl pointed by bott), and I got the same result. (Sorry for my bad english).

Magento Community
Magento Community

nester

Total Posts:  7

I too am having issues with UPS XML.

I have a pre-existing XML key and account that I have been using with osCommerce for the last year. I copied the information over from there, and nothing.  I did the curl edit in Ups.php, and updated my URLs. All I get is the standard error..

United Parcel Service

* This shipping method is currently unavailable. If you would like to ship using this shipping method, please contact us.

Any way to make this thing spit out any kind of useful debug?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lior
Magento Team

Total Posts:  293

@nester
make sure that you have shipping methods selected in the “Allowed methods” mufti select box.
Once you switch from UPS to USP XML they get cleared and you have to select the one that you want to offer customers with UPS XML

Magento Community
Magento Community

nester

Right now, all of the shipping methods are highlighted.

http://www.turbochargers.com/images/ups.gif <-- screenshot

Magento Community
Magento Community

nester

Re-requested my XML key, updated it in Magento.. still doesn’t work.  Anyone got any ideas here? I want to dump OSC pretty badly, but if I can’t get UPS to work, I’m hard pressed to push this thing live.

Magento Community
Magento Community

CreedFeed

Total Posts:  74
Milwaukee, WI

I posted about this issue here:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/10603/

This seemed to fix it for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nester

CreedFeed - 26 June 2008 07:26 AM

I posted about this issue here:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/10603/

This seemed to fix it for me.

You’re a genius. Thank you!

Magento Community
Magento Community

leetaylordoes

Total Posts:  227
San Diego, CA

Hi @Lior,

It’s been some time since I’ve tried to successfully configure our UPS shipping XML online tools to correctly display rates. Do remember our efforts previously?

I have been in contact with UPS, and am getting very close - but am running up against a barrier that we’re trying to figure out.

Would it be possible for you to be included in the conversation, which may result in providing a solution that we can add into the Magento community?
Maybe I can cc: you into the email I sent them so they (UPS tech support) can overlook my customization.

Would you be able to provide me an email address to use for this so I can cc: you (via PM)? Would it be possible to have either you or another developer from within the Magento team add into the final dialogue?

Thanks,
Lee Taylor

Magento Community
Magento Community

nicholas.alipaz

Total Posts:  13
Los Angeles, CA

I was receiving all of the same errors and issues that others were in this thread and was able to fix my problem.  The issue was stemming from cURL not having OpenSSL compiled in it.  We recompiled with OpenSSL and the issue was fixed.

We were able to fix all issues regarding both Authorize.net and UPS XML shipping by recompiling cURL with OpenSSL.

Source

AndreusPT - 13 August 2008 11:32 AM

Everybody that have an error that response is empty or invalid, please check in your phpinfo(); if CURL has SSL enabled.

This is how it should look if correctly compiled and enabled:

curl
cURL support  enabled
cURL Information  libcurl
/7.15.5 OpenSSL/0.9.8b zlib/1.2.3 libidn/0.6.5

This is how it looks if SSL is NOT enabled for CURL:
curl
cURL support  enabled
cURL Information  libcurl
/7.18.2 zlib/1.2.1.2 libidn/0.5.6

If SSL is not enabled for CURL, all the responses to secure HTTPS urls, such as authorize.net api url, will return empty.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nicholas.alipaz

Total Posts:  13
Los Angeles, CA

...When I test the “Estimated Shipping and Tax” box it gives me the regular quote, not our discounted quote.

I thought I would mention although we did get our UPS XML working as I said in my last post, I still only get the “regular quote,” not my “discounted quote,” just as katiek648 mentioned in her post.  I really don’t understand why that would be.

Please, can someone confirm whether this is a Bug, Feature Not Yet Implemented, or Misconfiguration?

Magento Community
Magento Community

leetaylordoes

Total Posts:  227
San Diego, CA

Hi @nicholas.alipaz,

Would you mind referencing the url where the quote from @katiek648 is located? Just for reference, as I had not been aware of it earlier.

We have just worked and successfully integrated UPS “Negotiated Rates” for our client (http://awcoffees.com) after much collaboration with UPS. There are more features we hope to roll out with in the future to complement this main functionality (such as locating the destination type via RSS UPS Online Tools).

In answer to your question, if you are referring to UPS “Negotiated Rates” - the functionality has not been implemented natively to Magento yet, and thus is a “Feature Not Yet Implemented.” It’s been up for discussion for some time now, and we’ve finally got it working correctly.

I’ve been working on this while @bott is working on integrating the backend shipping process to be streamlined (http://www.magentocommerce.com/group/blog/action/viewpost/357/group/207/).

We’re not sure how we’re going to present this to the community yet, though I’m available via PM and email for further dialogue on getting this functionality made available.

Hopefully @katiek648 is able to view this as well - as it’s been a very helpful solution to have UPS negotiated rates integrated within the Magento application.

Thanks,
Lee Taylor

Magento Community
Magento Community

pumba

Total Posts:  28

I’m having same problem - UPS does not work :(

my setup:

UPS type : UPS XML
Password / Access key / login - 100% correct , I use my account on another my site
Show method if not applicable : NO
Ship to applicable countries : USA

I properly set up my origin : state / zip code / city

My products have proper weight....

my cURL works fine and has SSL support....

But still checkout page shows error message:

United Parcel Service
This shipping method is currently unavailable. If you would like to ship using this shipping method, please contact us.

I tried to put

var_dump($xmlResponse); die;
but checkout page just stops functioning - nothing happens after I click SUBMIT…

Also I believe that since I selected Show method if not applicable : NO, UPS should not even be displayed. in the list of shipping methods

I also tried to put fixes from http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/10603/ - still does not work…

I use latest version, 1.1.3

Help me anybody please !

Magento Community
Magento Community

Devise

Total Posts:  10

I have a really simple question ... To send tracking information to the customer once the order / shipping has been dealt with .. do you have to be using the UPS XML service .. or can you just use the standard UPS option?

We are currently set to plain ol’ UPS in the admin .. and when I try and “send tracking information” I get a “shipment info can not be sent” notification.

Any help is appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MAGNETO.ME

Total Posts:  12

To get the NEGOTIATED RATES on magento 1.2.1

edit the file :  app/code/core/Mage/Usa/Model/Shipping/Carrier/Ups.php

around line 634 replace :

$costArr[$code] $shipElement->TotalCharges->MonetaryValue;
$priceArr[$code] $this->getMethodPrice(floatval($shipElement->TotalCharges->MonetaryValue),$code);

with :

$costArr[$code] $shipElement->NegotiatedRates->NetSummaryCharges->GrandTotal->MonetaryValue;
$priceArr[$code] $this->getMethodPrice(floatval($shipElement->NegotiatedRates->NetSummaryCharges->GrandTotal->MonetaryValue),$code);

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community