Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Images for Simple Products within Configurable Products do not show

Phipps

Total Posts:  3

I have a configurable product that uses “Color” as a configurable attribute.  I uploaded images for each of the simple products (red, blue, green, and yellow versions) and then also a generic image for the configurable product.  However, as the user selects their desired “color” in the front-end, the image of the product does not update to the image for the simple product.  The only image that shows is the generic version for the configurable product.  I’ve read several other people experience the same issue and that this is simply a feature that has not been built into Magento yet.  So my question is two-fold:

1) How soon is Magento ready to release this feature?
2) Has anyone made code updates themselves to do this (that they could share with the community)?

Without this functionality we won’t be able to do our project with Magento.  Our client requires that their customers be able to see the product in the color that they are purchasing.  Since those images are in the system it doesn’t seem that difficult to get them displayed…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

etho201

Total Posts:  85
Summerville, SC

I’m sure it would be very simple to incorporate this feature and I’ll be looking forward to this as well!

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

That would be nice.  For now mine just display in the “More Views” area.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

The Image-Based Dynamic Configurable Products shows the simple product image (as well as description) when customer selects the appropriate attributes of the configurable product.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community