Magento Forum

Cannot Access “my account” “my wishlist” “checkout” or “login”

monty617

Total Posts:  11

I just finished installing Magento on a Windows Based Apache server (2.2.8) PHP (5.2.5). Everything seems to have gone smoothly with the installation. Management console seems to work OK. On the customer side I cannot access any of the links other than the cart (get “Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"). At first I thought it was an SSL issue, but the wishlist and checkout do not link to a secure location. Also I cannot seem to get products to come “out of stock” even though it shows as available in the management console. Anyone else run into a similar issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Lior
Magento Team

Total Posts:  293

Wishlist and checkout should be going to secure pages.
Try to disable SSL in the Admin > System > Configuration > Web > Secure

For the products, make sure that you changed product Stock Availability to “In-Stock”
It is in the Inventory section of edit product in the admin

Magento Community
Magento Community

monty617

OK… so it was an SSL issue, I did not notice that all those links went to a sign-in page. I’ll have to look into that. One strange issue that still remains is that products are showing up as “out of stock” on the customer side even though they are listed as “available” in the management console.

Magento Community
Magento Community

monty617

Now I can access the site on the machine that is hosting it, but when I attempt to access it from outside it does not display formatting options, just a plain text HTML page (admin panel does not display at all).

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lior
Magento Team

Please show a screen shot of one of your products info page the Inventory section
About site access can you see regular pages well, or none of the pages are shown properly now from outside?

Magento Community
Magento Community

monty617

Screen attached.

I noticed that when accessing from the outside link information contains localhost as root rather than ip or domain. I’m assuming that there must be a setting that will have to change??

Image Attachments
screen1.JPG

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lior
Magento Team

What you show me is a Configurable Product, you have to make sure that each simple product is In-Stock

when you were installing Magento did you use localhost us the URL during the install?
If yes, then you have to change the Base URL in the non secure section to the full site URL as well as for the Secure section
Make sure that you have / in the end of the URL

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community