Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Top submitters kicked from this forum—help get them back! 

haraldinho

Total Posts:  24

By some stupid mistake Varien has deleted several high-contributors to this forum because they apparently we’re seen as spammers!

In my case I was helped a lot by dd_gi, who posted over a thousand posts in 4 months on this forum. This guy has been amazing and helped me out bigtime. If you talk open source and community, dd_gi is the man.

But now… all his posts are gone! Many threads with very valuable solutions are crippled, because dd_gi’s posts are deleted. For an example, see the thread with my question in it: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/53304/P15/#t191372 And there are more people that have been kicked wrongly.

Help the Magento community and in the true spirit of community power, leave your message here in this thread if you want Varien to fix their mistake and restore the account of dd_gi and all other top submitters that have been wrongly banned.

In the meanwhile: if you want to contact dd_gi, you can find him here:http://mageforums.com

Thanks!

Haraldinho

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MrSmileyJr

Total Posts:  43

Yes I agree! Varien, we truly hope this is a “technical issue” and not an indicator of how “open” magento will be in the future. Don’t disappoint us!

Magento Community
Magento Community

gkadmin

Total Posts:  51

Yeah, dd_gi was really helpful. He has to be brought back!
You can’t ban the people who in fact make this whole thing work!

Magento Community
Magento Community

mgrandio

Total Posts:  20

I am really sad,

There are few people that understand Magento, and they are banned from the list, developers do not contribute a lot, the forum is becoming useless, what is on our future? Zencart?

Thanks

Manuel

Magento Community
Magento Community

mbgatmag

Total Posts:  6

I am a new user of Magento and get very concerned when I see posts like this one.

MY experience bears out that the Forum is not as helpful as it should be - I have had a couple of questions sitting unanswered for days - and now I read that individuals who do respond are being banned - what’s wrong with this picture?

Magento Community
Magento Community

justintime67

Total Posts:  188

I agree as well… what is the story Varien?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tzyganu
Mentor

Total Posts:  2205
Bucharest, Romania

Hi all
This is my first post (from magentocommerce forum’s point of view) because all my other 300 posts went down the drain when my account was deleted for....wait a minute there was no reason to delete it, but it happened.
I know that “Terms of use” page states that they can do that without any warning. This make it legal, but it doesn’t make it right.
I sent a mail to the Magento team, but no answer.
If I did something wrong (although all I did was tried to answer to other users problems or at least send them in the right direction) please tell me and I will shut the hell up.
It it was a human error I expect the guy that did it to come forward on the forum, create an “I’m sorry” sticky topic in which to list all the member names that received the same “treatment” as I did. If it already exists please point it out to me.
I also want to apologize to the members I was talking to until yesterday morning (9:00 GMT+2). I’m sorry guys I let you “stare at the sun”. I’ll start answering back (to the topics I can find) until this account will be disabled for the same reason as the previous one(none).

Marius.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Hi Marius,

I don’t think your account was deleted intentionally.  It could be done accidentally by mistake by one of the forum moderators cleaning forums from spam messages.

Sorry for that, we will try to make sure that this cleaning is done more carefully.

Thank you,
Michael

Magento Community
Magento Community

tzyganu
Mentor

Bucharest, Romania

Hi Michael.
First of all thanks for feed-back.
Is there a way to restore the lost data.
I’m sure that there are back-ups from 2 days ago.
It would help a lot of people, including me (or at least my mental sanity).

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

It’s not an easy task, as even though we have backups but we cannot simply restore an old one - as the deleted data and current data should be merged somehow correctly.
I will check what could be done.
Thanks for understanding.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tzyganu
Mentor

Bucharest, Romania

Hi Michael,
Thanks again for the fast replay.
Through you the magento team starts to regain my trust, but it’s going to be a long process.
Let me know if/when you have a result (positive or negative).
This is the help I can give you.
I did not create a topic on the forum. All of my posts (301) ware answers to already created posts and I requested to be notified by e-mail for all of them.
Unfortunately I do not know my old ID and I do not know how the forum data is kept in the data base, but I assume each post has a reference to the member id. If you are able to find my old posts just link them to my new account id “233987”.
I don’t care much about my private messages or the e-mails sent directly from the forum or about my account data or any other data. Just the posts.
If you want send me a copy of the database (or some tables in it) and I can filter them out for you smile
Thanks for trying to fix this.

Marius.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community