Magento Forum

Cannot send headers

ukdazza
Guru

Total Posts:  308

"Cannot send headers; headers already sent in /home/a1072233/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/functions.php, line 191”

That is the message I am met with when i run the install (/magento/install.php/install) as the other one /install doesn’t work.

I have uploaded the “magento-check.php” file and it says the following:

“Fatal error: Class ‘PDO’ not found in /home/a1072233/public_html/magento/magento-check.php on line 26”

I assume this isn’t good?

I have also uploaded the cgi-bin php5 file and set the permissions to 755 and the bin at 755 and that doesnt work either. I think that at least it gets to the terms and conditions page and then i click continue and get the “headers” (above) message, so it must be “working” but there is a problem with the installation process. What is PDO and how do I sort this problem out?

Any ideas anyone? (someone was starting to help me but I cant find the topic anymore)....

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Tweakmag
Guru

Total Posts:  307
London, UK

Please have a look here for requirements for magento - http://www.magentocommerce.com/system-requirements

PDO is used by magento to connect to mysql. PDO has been used by magento so that other databases can be supported in the future without the need to change code.
The error you are getting is directly related to this - fix up your requirements and you will be good to go. smile

Cheers
Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community

ukdazza
Guru

Total Posts:  308

can ‘PDO’ be installed/setup?...I really wouldn’t know.

If not, does anyone know a free host that has all the requirements? We just want to setup Magento and get a feel of it to see if it is suitable for our needs. Our premium hosting doesnt have PHP5 yet, so need somewhere to test it, and free is the ideal choice obviously.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tweakmag
Guru

Total Posts:  307
London, UK

best you test it locally - using wamp or xampp smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

ukdazza