Magento Forum

Magento Themes

King

Total Posts:  1

Are there theme designers out there?

I’m interested to know if there is a list of designers somewhere on this site who have worked on themes for Magento that are in use or set up as demo’s to view live? Or more themes offered which can be tweaked to get that personal touch?  I can’t find many.

If you purchase a theme would you expect prior to purchase to see that theme live?

And how many designers are out there who offer services to design custom themes?  I’m surprised there isn’t a group in ‘community’ section set up for designers selling their wares (as it were).

There doesn’t seem to be many reference points on the above - or maybe I have missed something, I guess because Magento is still quite new in the scheme of things.

I want to buy a theme to then have it tweaked to suit my taste, where do I go and what should I expect to pay?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

VisualFrames

Total Posts:  230
New York, NY

You can buy themes from our Magento’s Premiere Theme Store http://www.eCommerce-Themes.com
And if you need further tweaks we can certainly offer further customization to suit your needs.

Magento Community
Magento Community

turnon

Total Posts:  129

i buy themes from http://www.rentacoder.com
http://www.rentacoder.com is in my opninion the best and safest website for outsourcing

Just post a project select a coder , pay in escrow , wait till work is ready and as you wish , accept work, coder gets paid

for questions drop me an email

my first theme was $ 375,--

Magento Community
Magento Community

lindaw

Total Posts:  201

VisionFrames your templates are all very samey just with different colors. People are wanting something different, especially with left hand side navigation (look at the views on that thread) and features that aren’t on the demo store. Magento is so new there are no really good templates available yet. Give it time.

I think your prices are crazy for what you’re selling. Which is essentially a couple of hours on the style sheet.

In fact, who wrote that post? wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

VisualFrames

Total Posts:  230
New York, NY

Lindaw,

You obviously do not know what you are talking about. I even doubt that you are a designer.
1. Ask every designer who succeeds to make a great magento theme and let me know if they can do it in a couple hours of work. You are looking at days of work per theme, especially when we deliver a fully functional theme with all the pages (checkout, catalog, cms etc). We may introduce front page only designs in the future at a lower price point for those who are developers and can spread the design through all the magento pages and pieces themselves.

2. Go anywhere and ask for a theme to be made for magento and let me know if it will cost you less than $300. Just for a photoshop design of a store you would pay at least $300. And we are not even talking about the work that it takes to customize all the little pieces for magento.

3. Our themes are a way to give something affordable to the community. Otherwise no one will have a way to get a fully customized theme for less than a few thousand dollars.

4. Why don’t you show us another website that sells ecommerce themes that are of greater quality than ours and at a lower price point. In many cases you would even buy ecommerce designs and have to hire a web developer to integrate it in your own platform.

5. This is just the beginning. We are going to release more themes every week.

PS: If you are looking for a custom and unique design for your store/business, that is why we offer Premium Custom Design as a service.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community