Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Don’t need front-end just want to use backend [question]

ryanr

Total Posts:  14

I basically just want to use the back-end of magento for order management/fulfillment.

I have an order form on my current website that uses several different variables to arrive at a price.  What I’d like to do is keep that order form and pass the order information (customer information, credit card number, order total, and order description) automatically to magento when the customer hits “place order”.

Is this possible and/or would you recommend magento for this use.  I wanted to see if this was possible before I poked around looking for a person that could actually implement the use on my website.

Thanks,

Ryan

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ryanr

Total Posts:  14

Was browsing through a little and may have found the solution.

Would it just make sense for me to use Dataflow and just import the orders that way from the current system?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community