Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Import - _links_related_sku and _links_related_position for BUNDLES

jamesbarber

Total Posts:  33

Hi,

I created a very simple import template spreadsheet for related products in Magento to be imported with the ‘Import’ function (System -> Import/Export -> Import).

It’s just three lines - sku, _links_related_sku and _links_related_position and worked perfectly.

The only issue is, I was importing the related products of simples only, now I get to bundles and I receive the error “Product type is not supported in rows: 1”.

After some research it seems that the ‘Import’ function does not work for bundles! I confirmed this by exporting a SKU which was a bundle and had related products already added, taking the columns sku, _links_related_sku and links_related_position then attempting to ‘Import’ and getting the same error “Product type is not supported in rows: 1”.

Now I know that Dataflow Profiles (System -> Import/Export -> Dataflow Profiles) supports bundles, but it doesn’t seem to support related products.

Is there a way to import my data using Advanced Dataflow Profiles?

Please help - thanks in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hi there,

First of all make sure that in your file there are all required by default Magento import method fields -
http://www.mag-manager.com/useful-articles/tipstricks/required-csv-file-values-for-error-free-magento-import-via-admin

Also headers should correspond to database names. The file itself should be saved with encoding UTF-8 (re-save the file with this type of encoding).
I need also to mention that default Magento import method have problems with import of complex products with relations. In case you are trying to import Bundle products with associated to simple goods, here is the tutorial -
http://www.mag-manager.com/useful-articles/how-to-create-different-types-of-products-in-magento/magento-bundle-products-import

Magento Community
Magento Community

jamesbarber

Hi Store_Manager,

Thank you for the reply but we are looking to find a solution to this issue without the use of any extensions and I’m afraid that includes yours..

If anyone has an answer to this issue, your input would be most appreciated.

Kind regards,
James.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

Hi again James!

Have you checked what I offered (without extension usage) - encoding UTF-8, column names and required fields for import? This might help. I offer extension only as an alternative.

Also maybe you have some technical skills and someone can offer you some scrips, as Magento built-in import method is lacking of functionality to import products with relations.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jamesbarber

Hi Store_Manager,

Yes, the .CSV formatting and column names are definitely 100% correct - as I said in my original post it seems that the import tool doesn’t support anything more complex than a simple..? and dataflow profiles lack the ability to access _links_related_sku..

Do you know if there is a way to import related products with advanced dataflow profiles? As far as I can see dataflow profiles is effectively just a GUI/wizard for the advanced dataflow profiles so I’m doubting it..

There must be a way to achieve this, as you say possibly a script but unfortunately I have very little experience in this area.

Many thanks and kind regards,
James.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community