Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

500 Internal server error

Maff

Total Posts:  63
Yorkshire, UK

Hi!

I’m receiving a dreaded 500 IS error now I’ve uploaded all the files.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at http://www.domain.co.uk Port 80

phpinfo here

Anyone know why this may be?

Cheers!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Unreal

Total Posts:  2

Just for th records, I know this has been there for a while, but if someone encounters the same error this are the possible causes.
i you modify the .htaccess file to have php_value or php_flag directives, this are the most common errors, if you add something that the server doesn’t understand or support, you will get a 500 error page.

Also this problem is due to the use of too many process on your account the, whether is CPU or memory or multiple process.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community