Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

two languages

alkarim
Guru

Total Posts:  368

hi there. i got stuck.. what should I do / Where should I go for , if I wanna make a store with two languages ....

thanx for your reply

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nabuhonodozor

Total Posts:  51

Hi,
Create additional storeviews, one for each language Youll use.
Configure currencies etc ( LOOK AT SCREENCAST SECTION - THERE ARE MOVIES ABOUT IT)

In categories/products - in top-left area Youll have storeview switch.
Create product/category and THAN switch storeview tab to desired language and edit option in categories/product like description etc

best,
Piotr

Magento Community
Magento Community

alkarim
Guru

hi, nabuhonodozor. thanks for your reply but I still can’t make it… do you have any example ? or article about it ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

alkarim
Guru

argh,, help me out

Magento Community
Magento Community

Juxecl

Total Posts:  37

The system is flexible which means there are different ways to do this depending on your requirements.

If you just want different languages for a single store with the same products then the easiest way is to create a new view:
System->Manage Stores then “Create store view"->Save store view

Then set the configuration values for this new view:
System->Configuration, select your store view from the scope drop-down list (top left)
Change the general-locale and possibly currency setup values.

It’s also possible to have product names, category names etc specific to the store view. Just go to the manage products or categories and select your store view from the drop-down list (top left) before changing values.

Magento Community
Magento Community

alkarim
Guru

thanks its very helpful. one more thing, what should I do to make one product with different language of its description ?

thanks again

Magento Community
Magento Community

alkarim
Guru

hey, I’ve got the video, HOW to make store with different language…

http://www.magentocommerce.com/blog/comments/video-creating-multiple-online-storefronts-part1/

thanks to all

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community