Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

backend-login on Dev-System not working

webit_magento

Total Posts:  4

After upgrade from Magento version 1.7.0.2 to 1.8 the frontend works fine, but the backend-login seems broken. I’m on a local Development-System, which works before Update. Possible Solution I ‘ve tried:

- clearing cache and session folders
- clearing browsercookies
- create new user

Are there any changes on settings or so on? The login-Mask shows only name and password is incorrect.

The upgrade is done like this: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/354220/P15/

Thanks for answer!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

Do you get “Incorrect username/password” when trying to log in? You can reset the password in the admin_user table in the database. It is stored as an md5 hash.

Magento Community
Magento Community

webit_magento

Yes, I have tried this. I think its more an Problem with Session or Cookies or thinks like this. My username and password are correct.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Make sure the server time is set correctly. If the time is off it may cause problems with the session cookie validation. In this case the log in page would only refresh without any errors/wrong login messages, though..

Magento Community
Magento Community

webit_magento

After following the instructions on that link: http://onsoftware.net/index.php/blog/magento/165-magento-datetime-of-server-and-datetime-of-magento-dont-match nothing changed.

Have you any other idea?

Thanks for your help!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Did you change the URL after the upgrade, e.g. is it hosted on a different domain? (you mentioned Dev-system in topic).

It could be a problem with the cookie domain.

Magento Community
Magento Community

webit_magento

Yes, I have changed the url-entrys in database(table: core_config_data). Frontend works without Problems. I follow this post to update my system:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/354220/P15/#t459900

Is it the wrong way? Is there a better way to do that?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community