Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 3
My Magento Store run very slow? its Normal

mikeyork

Total Posts:  12

Hello
I have a slow trouble, my Magento Store run very slow, Its Normal?
The Admin and the Frontend its slow.
Check It…

#
Im using (gs) MediaTemple

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kandip

Total Posts:  38

yes, there are still performance issues with magento. it will run slow for now until someone or Varien guyz come up with a solution to make magento faster. :D

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikeyork

Total Posts:  12

Thanks for reply…

I be here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

KonstantinDK

Total Posts:  47
Arlington, TX, USA

Your site took way too much time to download. It’s not just magento, it’s host.
Look at your loading times.
http://internetsupervision.com/scripts/urlcheck/check.aspx?checkurl=http://demo.vauxmedia.com/ck-one.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

Does Magento run slow? Depends. Are you running it on a shared hosting plan? If so, then most likely yes, it will run slow. Are you running it on a VPS, semi-dedicated plan, or dedicated server? Then it should run and load in 1-2 seconds no problem.

That also depends as well too. If you don’t have a lot of CPU and RAM, then even on a dedicated it’s going to run slow. If your VPS only comes with 256MB of RAM, then it’s going to run slow too.

Can it run fast? Yes. In the right environment, of course. But don’t expect to pay $5-10/month and get blazing speeds.

By the way, your store took 13 seconds to come up for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

snarkys

Total Posts:  124

our website building firm is giving us the hard sell on changing to a magento cart . We have a creloaded cart that I hate right now and its either this or zen . This speed thing scares me though . Legitametly what kinda server does this need to be run on and even then how fast can i expect it to be ?  We cant afford to loose customers to a frustrating experience on our site with slow loading pages.

Magento Community
Magento Community

snarkys

Total Posts:  124

seems like everyone says shared servers are out of the question.

does that mean something like one of these @ $130- 260?
http://www.eliterax.com/servers/dedicated-professional.php?id=ps-200

or am I going to need a monster system with separate servers for the site and database?
http://www.eliterax.com/server-clusters/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brett

Total Posts:  121

Try running tracert command on the domain and that might show you where the hangup is…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Spek

Total Posts:  77

snarkys - 19 April 2008 06:24 AM

seems like everyone says shared servers are out of the question.

I don’t believe that.. maybe US servers aren’t comparable to European servers but I don’t think magento should have any problem running on a shared environment for the average webshop that doesn’t get 10’s of thousands of hits each day.

The hosting being used for the webshop I’m making costs $200 a year, and imo it’s as quick as I could ask for, loadtimes of about a second. Though, I do believe there are some problems still in the code that affect loading cause opening the homepage sometimes causes a “hang” of upto half a minute. I don’t believe this is server related though. I can’t imagine “fixing” half a minute slowdowns by throwing more hardware at it. Especially when the problem arises only once in a blue moon.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mageho

Total Posts:  291
France, Paris

I have made a post about performance problem.
With APC opcache and MySQL Configuration Recommanded (Blog Post Performance is Key), we still have problem with homepage and add to cart action.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

ryu007 - 19 April 2008 10:34 AM

I have made a post about performance problem.
With APC opcache and MySQL Configuration Recommanded (Blog Post Performance is Key), we still have problem with homepage and add to cart action.

What kind of setup do you have, hardware wise that is. Even with an accelerator like APC or eAccelerator and tweaking to the MySQL conf file, it doesn’t mean it’ll increase performance. A lot still depends on the hardware, how much CPU and RAM is available, if the disk is local or remote, etc.

Magento Community
Magento Community

silent-observer

Total Posts:  2

I’m experiencing the same problem (slowness) with Magento on a dreamhost hosting plan.
5 minutes ago I uploaded the wrapper to make it work in fastcgi mode, and i noticed that is faster, but still slow for me.

Maybe it is because server is in USA and i’m in Europe… ( 21 hops Italy to Los Angeles, http://www.sysnet.it/cgi-bin/traceroute.cgi )

Anyone from USA could check if it’s the same from there ( too lazy to find a good proxy to check it rasberry ), Magento demo is here : http://shop.oprog.com

Anyway, who is running it on a european based shared server hosting service ? Anyone ?

The PHP execution time seems to be in the average for a “complex” system like Magento.

So, is it the network or Magento is cool but slow ?

hmmmmm…

Magento Community
Magento Community

robert briskin

Is it just me or is the admin demo on the magento site also running very slowly and buggy?

Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

Hello,

I believe that the speed of my demo store already is good (I also noticed that it improved with 1.0 19700). I don’t see any problem to use it for full production, if the speed doesn’t change after I add more products ...  This also apply to the ADD TO CART function.

You might test it out here: www.batteri24.com
(it is just a demo store for testing at the moment, but please don’t check out with creditcard).

I run a hosted site in the US (hosted by simplehelix.com) from my location in Europe.

Magento Community
Magento Community

silent-observer

norbolig - 30 April 2008 05:32 PM

You might test it out here: www.batteri24.com
(it is just a demo store for testing at the moment, but please don’t check out with creditcard).

I run a hosted site in the US (hosted by simplehelix.com) from my location in Europe.

well that’s super fast compared to mine, i think my server in Los Angeles is too much crowded… i think i need to talk to the host of dreams, maybe i can have more CPU,RAM resources…

Magento Community
Magento Community

kalqlate

Total Posts:  26

My test of your site:

Home page - 6 seconds
Select electronics->cellphones - 12 seconds
Add 1st item to cart - 32 seconds
Add 2nd item (from the shopping cart page) - 20 seconds
Add 3rd item (from the shopping cart page) - 25 seconds