Magento Forum

Modifying Header_background and logo.gif

IanC

Total Posts:  2

I have a really daft newbie question, which probably highlights my lack of design skills.

Why does the default demo store ‘logo.gif’ image look strange / fuzzy when viewed as a single stand-alone image in a web browser?

I’ve changed my store header_background to a more simple solid block with a few opaque images on it but when I add my new logo.gif onto the background it appears kind of fuzzy. Viewing my logo.gif on a standard white background and all looks ok.

Do I need to generate my logo gif file which shows my company logo with some kind of different setting in photoshop?

red face

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

Are you using transparency?  Do you have a screenshot of this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

radders

Total Posts:  162

I am sure that anti-aliasing is at the root of your problem. If you take an image with a white background then some of the pixels around the edges of the image will contain some white. When you then delete the white background and load this onto a blue background you have a white halo around it. Best to use a theme with a light-coloured background for your image.  Assuming that your browser background is white, you presumably have the same effect in reverse with the Magento image.

Magento Community
Magento Community

IanC

Total Posts:  2

Thanks for responding about my image problem. I’ve attached a screen-shot file to this reply to help explain.

I Look forward to any advice you can give.

Many Thanks

Image Attachments
example.bmp

Magento Community
Magento Community

Napier

Total Posts:  47

it looks like it has to do with dithering

Magento Community
Magento Community