Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Maximum number of attribute values? Has this been tested? 

dan_w

Total Posts:  290

I’m just wondering if anyone has done any testing on what the maximum number of values can be for a layered navigation attribute. Currently we have an attribute, item_classification, that is included in layered navigation and has about 300+ different values. When I click edit, I get a Firefox stop script warning about 3 times before that page actually loads. Then if I need to add an attribute value and try to save it, I get the stop script timeout about 8-10 times before the page actually saves. We are testing this installation on a pretty juiced up server with optimised hardware, software, and configuration, so I don’t think thats the issue. We have learned to bypass the backend for attribute management, because that’s not the only attribute that has that many values. However, on the frontend, when we try to apply one of those attributes it takes a REALLY long time. Has anyone else run into this issue? If anyone from the magento team is reading, I’d be curious to know what the largest value set for a non-system attribute in layered navigation was that you tested.

Thanks,
Dan

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Loxam

Total Posts:  60

I am having the same problem.

I keep getting timeouts when trying to refresh the layered navigation.

Is there anyway to reset the timeout to a longer time?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community