Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Update Inventory with Multi Store? 

fxchain

Total Posts:  40

Hello,

We just setup multiple stores and we are setting up our products in admin, and switching store views to give different attributes depending on the store view.
i.e: store 1 has a price of X, and store 2 has a price of Y.
So we only have to handle one set of products, and just switch store views.

We are also connecting to 2 different fulfillment APIs that send us quantities per SKU. So a product in Store 1 will have qty of X, and a product in Store 2 will have qty of Y.

So my question is, using the Magento API, how can I update inventory per store view?
I see an optional store view argument for categories:

----------
catalog_category.info
Arguments:
int $categoryId - category ID
mixed $storeView - store view id or code (optional)
array $attributes - return only specified attributes (optional)
-----------

This optional argument is not on the inventory API doc:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/doc/webservices-api/api/cataloginventory_stock_item#cataloginventory_stock_item.update

Any ideas?

Francois

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pravinagham

Total Posts:  8

I guess Magneto does not support multi-store inventory. You have to maintain global inventory in Website level.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community