Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Automated USPS Click & Ship Application

flytrapcare.com

Total Posts:  46

Great, sounds good!  Have a great Christmas.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kardson

Total Posts:  59

FIgured I would post an email I got in hopes that it helps someone else as well.

> after clicking icon USPS Simple Ship it shows connection to database failed!Please check database setting.i installed USPS Simple Ship version 1.11
> in url http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/63948/P0/ mentioned that
>
> HOW TO INSTALL:
>
> Download the Zip File and the TXT File
> Log into your MySQL Database with your favorite editing tool (phpAdmin, direct MySQL access, whatever)
> Run the Entire Query located in the TXT File (This will create the Table View Needed for the app)
>
> Create a new username/Password with access to the newely created table (optional, can use magento db login if needed)
>
> Sir, actually i’d like to ask you that,where is TXT File.
> i didn’t get that querry to create table
>
> also i want to ask that in setting tab there is Magento Database Information
> so what should be the address field and port.
>
> i entered address as ip address of site and port as 3306.
> Is it right?
>
> please help me!

The install instructions were a little out of date as you no longer need to create a view within your database to use my application.

You do however need to have the IP address of the SQL server where the database is located as well as verify that the database allows for remote connections.  This is the part that confuses most people.  Alot of Hosts block remote connections to your database for security but if you contact your webhost’s support department they should be able to help you verify that remote connections to the database from the computer you intend to run this application on is open.

The correct information on the Settings tab for the Magento Database Information should be as follows
ADDRESS:  this should be the IP address of the sql server PORT:  this should be the port of the sql server
USER ID:  this should be the username used by magento to connect to the database
PASSWORD:  this should be the password used by the username
DB NAME:  the name of the magento database on the sql server

If you are unsure of what any of this information is please check your /app/etc/local.xml file and look for the following.  You should see username, passsword, dbname entries..  Please note that the address field within USPS simple ship WILL NOT be set to localhost unless you are running the application from the same machine that the sql database is located on.

<resources>
<db>
<table_prefix><![CDATA[]]></table_prefix>
</db>
<default_setup>
<connection>
<host><![CDATA[localhost]]></host>
<username><![CDATA[THEUSERNAME]]></username>
<password><![CDATA[THEPASSWORD]]></password>
<dbname><![CDATA[THEDATABASENAME]]></dbname>
<active>1</active>
</connection>
</default_setup>
</resources>

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Travis

Magento Community
Magento Community

kardson

Ahhh. Holidays are over and back to the daily grind.  I will try to work on this this weekend and come up with a debug and normal version.

As for those emailing me:
While I love to chat 1 on 1 regarding issues about this tool. It is more helpful to post the questions, concerns, rants, raves, suggestions, or anything else in the forum first.  So that we all can benefit from your input or my response.

Hope everyone’s holiday was a good one!

-Travis

Magento Community
Magento Community

coolshop

Total Posts:  121

I have been looking for this application with USPS. Everything out there seems to be about Fedex, UPS and DHL. I am using primarily USPS for domestic and international shipping. I understand the issues regarding the International country code.

I will be willing to test it out as well. However right now all my orders are international. Where is the latest source code posted? SO I can download it?

Cool Moov from CoolShoop

Magento Community
Magento Community

block33

Total Posts:  17

I have the same problem, it won’t log into magento and upload the tracking number. Also, it would be great (once you get the magento log in thing fixed) to have a shipping msg that I can put in that will automatically be placed and then sent.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kardson

New version uploaded.

Please verify that that orders will now complete in Magento.
I reworked alot of the backend to hopefully kill that bug.

If you still have problems, please post.

Operating System
IE Browser Version (it uses IE in the backend, firefox, opera, ect don’t matter just IE)
Does it ever leave the About magento info page and at least try to connect to your admin section?

I’ll look into the auto comment addition next release.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kardson

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am working on a new version with a cleaner layout as well as a couple requested additions

Should have something to share soon.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kardson

First release of Version 3.0 is out.  I think you guys will like the new layout and features.

Hopefully tracking # posting to magento is working this time around .

Unfortunately because of file size limitations I was unable to upload the file directly to this forum and as such had to leave a link to it on my website.

The 2 major feature requests have been added.
1.  Save addresses
2.  Ability to include memo with shipment email.
3. Ability to include a table prefix for the magento table (this was causing the application not to import for people with multiple magento installations or a non-standard table naming convention for magento)
4.  Support for both Magento 1.3.x and 1.4.x database layouts.

I really appreciate your comments on this and am sorry it took so long to update it from Jan till now.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kardson

coolshop - 09 January 2010 03:00 PM

I have been looking for this application with USPS. Everything out there seems to be about Fedex, UPS and DHL. I am using primarily USPS for domestic and international shipping. I understand the issues regarding the International country code.

I will be willing to test it out as well. However right now all my orders are international. Where is the latest source code posted? SO I can download it?

Cool Moov from CoolShoop

What countries are most important?  I can start with those.
It’s just a matter of creating the automation to fill out the customs forms.

I’ve also created a seperate xml file with the supported countries.
it can be found in the [SimpleShip install directory]\Resources\CountryAbbrevs.xml
Just update it with a new entry with your needed country using the layout given and it should work.

Default install folder is now:
On Windows 32bit
C:\Program Files\Creative Beam\SimpleShip\
Windows 64bit
C:\Program Files (x86)\Creative Beam\SimpleShip

The issue still remains that when you ship internationally, the form layout of Click & Ship changes.  Thus my automation fails and you will have to manually finish some of the pages yourself.  I’ll try to work on this over the next week or so and get it resolved.

I’m also looking into implementing UPS or FedEx automation as well.  Though I need to buy more alcohol before I dig into one of those tasks.  Hopefully they have an API that allows you to send payment information so I don’t have to fill out the forms on their website… It’s such a tedious task of verifying the input boxes, drop downs, ext.

Regarding the source code:
While I understand one’s desire to have the code to update it to their own use or whatever other purpose they may have, my end goal is to sell this for a small fee (say $15USD).  I figure if 10 people like it and buy it then I’m happy plus on their end $15 isn’t much considering how much the monthly services that do the same thing charge. 

But in the meantime I’ll fix what I can and help out anyone with trouble installing.  If/when the time comes to charge a small fee for the program those that have been instrumental at moving the development of this forward can expect to get a free copy.  It’s the least i can do to thank those who endure the bugs that can arise.

Regarding why no one develops applications to automate USPS shipping:
USPS provides no method to send them payment information via an API like Fedex or UPS does.  Which limits what you can do.
I was able to make an application to create the usps shipping label in 2 hours, but you still had to affix postage to the package.
It seems the only people with this ability are larger companies that USPS has some type of agreement with.
SOOoo for us little folk the only way to get a USPS shipping label with postage that was created directly through USPS and not a 3rd party is to use the Click & Ship form off their site.
This is what my application does, it basically opens up the click and ship site and reads the HTML of the page using something called “Screen Scraping” it then fills in all of the required fields one by one automatically locating each one by it’s ID within the HTML, and their in lies the problem.  this is never the preferred way to do it as any time they decided to change the name of a form on their site, or the Page Title it jacks up my application.  Thankfully this one has happened once so far. (and I fixed it the same day)

Magento Community
Magento Community

kardson

Application now has support for FedEx ground shipping within the USA.

I could not completely test this as I am having trouble setting up the account with FedEx (their online form to signup seems to be broken currently).

I know this was a huge feature people were looking for and hopefully it will fit the bill.
Anyone interested in trying it out, let me know if it works.

Magento Community
Magento Community

esolutions

Total Posts:  24
California

Hi,

We tried installing this program and everything worked until we clicked submit. We got the following error:

Using Windows XP SP3

************** Exception Text **************
System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL ‘sqlceme35.dll’: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at System.Data.SqlServerCe.NativeMethods.DllAddRef()
at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeConnection..ctor()
at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeConnection..ctor(String connectionString)
at SimpleShip.Main.AddToAddressBook()
at SimpleShip.Main.btnSubmit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SimpleShip
Assembly Version: 3.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Creative%20Beam/SimpleShip/SimpleShip.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Data.DataSetExtensions
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.1 built by: SP
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Data.DataSetExtensions/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.1 built by: SP
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
MySql.Data
Assembly Version: 6.1.2.0
Win32 Version: 6.1.2.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Creative%20Beam/SimpleShip/MySql.Data.DLL
System.Transactions
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
System.EnterpriseServices
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
System.Data.SqlServerCe
Assembly Version: 3.5.1.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.5692.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Creative%20Beam/SimpleShip/System.Data.SqlServerCe.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Can anyone shed some light as to why this would be occuring?

Magento Community
Magento Community

esolutions

Total Posts:  24
California

Sorry for the double post.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kardson

The program uses a SQL Compact Database, Hense the SQLCE.DLL file missing message.

I’ll repackage the program later in the week with a couple fixes that are already underway which should resolve this message.

Magento Community
Magento Community

coolshop

Total Posts:  121

Kardson,

Regarding international shipping with USPS ofr FedEx and USPS for that matters, here are the top destination countries:

CANADA
AUSTRALIA
UK
FRANCE
GERMANY
BRAZIL
CHINA

I would be willing to pitch in 15$. However if the module requires some manual intervention for International I would like to be able to get to the code to make it work seamlessly for International as well.

As far as the USPS API are you saying it is not possible to process payment through that API?

CoolShop

Magento Community
Magento Community

kardson

Yes correct,

USPS has no way to process payment via any of their publicly available API’s.  You either have to use there Click and Ship website or a third party provider such as Stamps.com, Paypal, ect.  Which is also why I cannot print First Class postage either (their click & ship website) doesn’t have this as an option!?

I would LOVE to be proved wrong on this.  It would make me a very happy coder lol.

Which is also why I haven’t really put full international shipping support in yet.  I have to actually send a package to these countries first to get the HTML source code of each page so I know how to scan it and fill the forms out.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community