Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 6
Automated USPS Click & Ship Application

kardson

Total Posts:  59

Releasing Beta Build to public for review:
CURRENT BETA VERSION 3.03.0

Fixed issue with missing SQLCE library

What is does:
SimpleShip Automates shipping with USPS Click and Ship - It Allows you to print labels with postage, no need for monthly fee based software such as stamps.com

Shipment Details for orders are pulled in from the Magento database and filling out the form is as easy as clicking on the order number.
Only shipping methods available with Click & Ship are available in this application (this means no first class shipping, just priority and above)

It Auto Fills all forms up to payment option, including ship from, ship to, package weight, shipping method, ship date and more.
After you confirm payment and click the Print button, then click the “my labels printed ok button” it will automatically add the tracking number to the order on your Magento store, email the customer using the shipment confirmation email template you have on magento, and close the order.

SimpleShip is meant for orders from the US to the US.  Though it can be used for shipping to other countries with some manual intervention.  It will stop processing and let you fix errors on the form if they arise.

Zip file includes installation file.
Support will be provided on this post.

In an effort to keep this post short, all application changes can be found at:
HTTP://www.creativebeam.com/SimpleShip/Release_Notes.html

Because the forum doesn’t seem to like 2.5mb files I have to link to the file instead of attaching it to this post.
To download the application visit:
HTTP://www.creativebeam.com/SimpleShip/Release/SimpleShip33.zip

Image Attachments
ConfigUSPS.jpgConfigMagento.jpgConfigComapnyInfo.jpgMainPage.jpgAddressBook.jpgShippingComment.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kardson

How the project came about:

I run a online business from home but I have a day job so my fiance ships most of the orders while I’m at work.  After months of hearing her nag about the pains of copying and pasting shipping information I went on the hunt.

I was looking for a cheap, easy way to create USPS labels without the need for yet another service.  Since my online store only does about 5-10 orders a day.  Needless to say there isn’t much out there in the form of options.  So with that I started developing an application to use USPS’ webtools API.

Once initial testing was done and labels were being made I contacted everyone under the sun at USPS to find out how to pay for postage when creating the label.  Long story short I was told I had 3 options, 1.  Buy a postage meter and apply postage to it after the shipping label, sign up for stamps.com or similar, and finally use there Online Click & Ship.

With this new information at hand I started working on a program that would save my Default Ship from information, grab the Ship to information from Magento, have me fill in just the Shipping Service Type, weight and Date then have the application take over and fill in all other information all the way up to the payment option. 

The reason to stop at the payment option is to give her (or you) a chance to look over the labels and verify information is correct before proceeding.  Since the application has made the “little woman” so happy I decided to share it in the current form to get critiques from other users and eventually plan to sell it for a small sum of $20-$50.

Tasks I want to incorporate before I start selling it include having it post the Shipping confirmation # back to Magento as well as an option to mark the order as complete.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kardson

HOW TO INSTALL:

Download the Zip File

Install Simple Ship Application in the zip file
Fill in all fields on the Shipping Info Tab - SAVE
Fill in all fields on the Settings Tab - SAVE
Note:  Currently you do not need to fill in the Credit Card Nickname or Security Code.
If you do not enter the CC nickname and security code the app will stop and let you enter it manually.

RESTART Application:

After the restart, your shipping information should automatically populate into the form and any orders set to a status of “Processing” in Magento will display in the left hand list.

Double click on the order # of the order you want to ship.  This will autofill in the shipping to information form.
Verify shipping Weight and Shipping Method (both fields are grabbed from magento’s database now)

Click Submit.  This will change the view to the USPS Tab, Load the USPS Click and Ship Website and start automatically filling in all data up until the payment option.

Magento Community
Magento Community

acp63

Total Posts:  73

You get this done “post the Shipping confirmation # back to Magento as well as an option to mark the order as complete. “ I will buy it ASAP.

If you can add automated email send with the tracking number link and a way to create a nice invoice like shipworks that would be a plus.

My money is waiting.  I want this today!

What can i do to help you complete this plugin?

Cheers,

acp63

Magento Community
Magento Community

Cubix WS
Guru

Total Posts:  318
LondON, United Kingdom

Nice one mate… thanks for sharing..

Magento Community
Magento Community

kardson

RESERVED POST

Magento Community
Magento Community

kardson

I should also mention, right now it only ships from US to US.
Click & Ship doesn’t use Country Abbreviations on its form for the drop down.
So I have to manually go through and program Each Country to a corresponding numeric code usps uses.
Which will take some time… Sorry.  I’ll try to include major countries by the end of the weekend. 
Canada, UK, GB, Mexico, ect

Magento Community
Magento Community

kardson

RESERVED POST

Magento Community
Magento Community

kardson

Version 1.4 Released.

Corrected Error where Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box and Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box were being chosen for each other.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kardson

Beta Version 1.8

Application will now create the shipping label, then once printed continue to update your store with the tracking number and close the order.
Everything besides the initial import of orders to ship is done via a bot that auto fills out all forms for you.

Once I am more familiar with all the tables updated when a order is shipped I will change the code to do this work on the backend, hopefully speeding up the process.  But as it stands now this is 20x faster than manually doing it all.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wsj3
Guru

Total Posts:  521
Portland, OR

We would be willing to beta test if you need. Would you be able to help with the install?

Magento Community
Magento Community

kardson

Any issues just ask.

Bugs/issues I am currently aware of:
You must install mysql-connector-net-6.1.2 for this application to work

On first install you will receive a MySQL error until you enter the settings on the settings tab.  Once all settings are filled out and you hit save, you may need to reopen the program for it to work correctly.

Program only auto ships to USA right now.  As countries are needed I can add them.

Magento Community
Magento Community

flytrapcare.com

Total Posts:  46

I’ve downloaded and installed this software.  I also made changes to my mysql server to allow remote connections for the user I’m trying to allow to connect to the database.  I’ve tested it from another server, so I know that the connection is allowed.

Here’s the problem: I start the software and enter in the Magento Database Information on the “Settings” tab and save it.  Then I restart the software and the “Magento Database Information” is gone (deleted) and there doesn’t appear to be a connection to the database.

What am I doing wrong?  Why is the database information being deleted and why doesn’t it connect?

Also what is the “Magento” tab for?  It’s always blank.

The “Click & Ship” tab works when I click on the “Submit” button on the “Order Info” tab (works in the sense that I log in and am taken to the page to enter shipping information), but since none of the orders are pulled in from the database, obviously it doesn’t complete the process.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kardson

Regarding the Magento db settings:
Because of the nature of the information I decided not to display the server ip, username, password, dbname.

So this information will never be available to view.  I guess my short sight on this is that anytime anything else in the settings is changed that those values need to be entered or it overwrites what is there with blank information.

I’ll fix that on the next release so that leaving those field blank will not cause any action to what is currently saved.

Regarding the Magento Tab:

Both the Magento and Click & Ship tabs are web browser controls.
Once you click sumbit on Order Info Page, the application switches to the Click & Ship page and auto fills in all forms till it gets to the payment page. At which time you can choose “yes” to continue or “no” if you plan to create another label before continuing or decide to delete the label you just made.  This is also my “fail safe” so you can overlook the current label to make sure it didn’t try to create an express label instead of a priority label.

Once you click yes, it will then choose the Credit card based on the Credit Card Nickname you wrote in the application settings and auto fill in your CCV code if you provided one.  Then it will automatically pop up the Label image and Print Box.

At this point on my application the web page will save processing and eventually present you with 2 choices… Did the labels print OK?
Once you select YES then that’s when my application should kick in again and take you to the magento Tab.

Once on the magento tab it will load up your admin page of Magento (based on the URL you provided in the settings tab), it will log in and then load the order based on the orderID and select the ship button.  Once on that page it will fill out the tracking info and select Notify Customer then submit the form.  Thus completing the order.

If there were multiple labels printed at once, it will then move onto the next order that was on the label confirmation page of the Click & Ship tab and repeat the above steps of the magento tab.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kardson

Also,

At a minimum make sure that the user you have connecting to the database has access to the following tables

Only read access should be needed.

sales_order_varchar
sales_order_int
sales_order_entity_varchar
eav_attribute
directory_country_region

Magento Community
Magento Community

flytrapcare.com

Total Posts:  46

I gave the user full access to all of the tables in the database (I’ll likely change it to read only).  But still no dice.

If the database connection works, should the orders with the status “Processing” load automatically?

Thanks for the explanation on how the Magento Tab gets tied into the whole process.

Also, one other small thing to note is that the Version under “Help” -> “About Simple Ship” is still 1.9.0.0 even though I downloaded 1.9.1

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 6