Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Create multiple categories

petros

Total Posts:  3

Hello everybody,
I hope I searched enough and this topic is not spoken in some other threat.

So the question - is it possible to create multiple categories in the moment - like preparing it in XLS or XML and than import to Magento? For me it is really important because of about 180 product categories so the manual way is not so comfortable.

Any idea?

Thanks for reply.

Peter

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

petros

Total Posts:  3

Hello again,

I have - almost - solved my problem with automatic creating of categories with subcategories. I wrote a little script, which can handle CSV file and insert right values to proper database tables. Everythink is OK, but:

When I upload first set of categories and reload the page to the Home page, I only see one category (named “Testing category") which I made thru Magento admin. After I click on this category, another one (created via script) is now visible in the top menu. Its weird, isn’t it?

Another problem with this script is, that after I insert another set of categories, it isn’t visible in menu at all, only after I find these categories in site map and click on it, it appear in top menu.

Does anybody has some idea? Script is attached for better idea.

P.S.: I can access every category in Magento admin -> Manage categories

Thanks, Peter

File Attachments
category_import.php  (File Size: 5KB - Downloads: 90)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community