Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
New Emerging Shipping Problem

Lior
Magento Team

Total Posts:  293

@timothyleetaylor
So you have weight set up for your products, but you are still getting error message?
Please send me your admin login, and I will check out your configurations

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

Lior - 24 April 2008 08:57 AM

@chinesedream
Table Rate shipping module should be able to work without having other shipping modules
It looks like you have some issue with configurations of the Table Rate shipping

Ah yes, Lior, I see the problem now. Due to the error before, I replaced an empty Table Rate CSV file.

Thanks again for taking good care of our shipping problems.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lior
Magento Team

Total Posts:  293

@chinesedream
Glad I was able to help

Magento Community
Magento Community

leetaylordoes

Total Posts:  227
San Diego, CA

@Lior,
I’m resending you our credentials via PM. We’re waiting to go live with our client’s site until we get this issue resolved.
We appreciate your assistance in getting this worked out…

Magento Community
Magento Community

leetaylordoes

San Diego, CA

We’ve gotten UPS to work, but our problem lies in getting USPS to work in those two areas mentioned before:
1. “Estimate Shipping and Tax” block
2. Within the checkout process

Any updates or anyone else having this problem?

- An assigned weight (>0) has been applied to all
- Correct webtools User ID has been implemented in Shipping Methods: USPS configuration
- We’re using this as our gateway url: http://production.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPI.dll

Magento Community
Magento Community

leetaylordoes

San Diego, CA

Great work all.

Thank to the attached document, I realized we simply needed to request our account be moved over to the production server!

All is working with Magento as soon as they moved us over to the production server as well!

- Lee

File Attachments
USPS TEST SERVER INSTRUCTIONS.txt  (File Size: 3KB - Downloads: 183)

Magento Community
Magento Community

JoeNmass

Total Posts:  50

Same problem as others BUT found a solution to resolvemy problem that i had. Hope it works for others.
My UPS and USPS shipping methods were working fine for a few weeks all of a sudden it stops working and I get these messages:
United States Postal Service
“This shipping method is currently unavailable. If you would like to ship using this shipping method, please contact us. “
and
United Parcel Service
“This shipping method is currently unavailable. If you would like to ship using this shipping method, please contact us. “

I had done a change to my zip code. When I added the additional 4 digit zip code I would get the error. If I removed it, everything worked fine.
For example on the “Shipping Settings” the zip code format should be
NOT
90210-1234

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2