Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
New Emerging Shipping Problem

whoscart

Total Posts:  120

Everything worked fine before and I’m just retesting my shop and checkout. When I move passed the address screen at checkout to the shipping options (where I usually see a host of UPS and USPS services), I am receiving an error message for each instead that says:

“This shipping method is currently unavailable. If you would like to ship using this shipping method, please contact us.”
(I’ve attached a pic with the error messages)

All my shipping options are in production mode and I had been receiving stats from them for quite some time now.

What’s happening?

Image Attachments
Picture 5.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

whoscart

Does someone have a similar issue? Or at least know a solution?

This is a big problem for me…

Magento Community
Magento Community

whoscart

Does anyone have a solution to this please??? I need to put my site in production but am largely waiting on this…

I have a major problem. My shipping was working as I had all APIs configured in production but recently both my UPS and USPS options just give this error message at checkout:

This shipping method is currently unavailable. If you would like to ship using this shipping method, please contact us.

Anyone have a solution to this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lior
Magento Team

Total Posts:  293

What is your address of shipping origin, and what is the destination address
Please also show your shipping configurations.
You can PM me this info if you do not want it to be public

Magento Community
Magento Community

leetaylordoes

Total Posts:  227
San Diego, CA

Hey WaelHReda,

Have you tried the following?

http://production.shippingapis.com/ShippingAPI.dll

Be sure you have a registered Web Tools account, as using your regular USPS login won’t work (https://secure.shippingapis.com/registration/).

Let us know if this works.

Thanks,
Lee

Magento Community
Magento Community

whoscart

Yeah everything is in production mode and was working for a time. All the login credentials are the correct ones too. I submitted the problem to a Magento Team member who is looking it over. Once I hear back I will post the solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

I have the EXACT same problem. It’s happening in the ‘Get A Quote’ a as well as the Shipping Method in the Onepage Checkout, the only difference is I have never tested ‘Get a quote’ on v1.0 until yesterday the first time, immediately I was getting the error.
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/6819/

I emailed USPS ICCC for verification of my account status, and is getting this response: Your account is active and everything on our side is up and running correctly. If you are having problems then you should contact your 3rd party cart for assistance.

Lior, please take a look at my too. I really don’t know where else to ask for help. :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lior
Magento Team

@chinesedream
I am looking into the WaelHReda account at the moment, but please PM me your account information and I will check it out as well
It maybe easier if you just send me your Admin login

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lior
Magento Team

@WaelHReda
I was testing the UPS and USPS with the information that you provided me with, and it is working without any problem on my test server.
When did it stop working for you? Did you do any changes to the sites or server?
I was able to see the login page of your admin, but not the front end, did it stop working before or after you blocked it?
Can you also get to the Apache error logs?

@chinesedream
Same questions from above are for you as well

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Lior, thanks for the quick response.

I did clean up some markups (nothing essential that would cripple the Magento functions I believe) , however I had restored original files (cart.phtml and shipping.phtml) that I thought maybe causing the problem. This afternoon I even setup a new Magento test site on the other server just to run the test, and I am seeing the same error.

Yesterday was the first time I enabled the USPS and tested the ‘Get a Quote’ and saw the error in the onepage checkout, step 4, shipping methods.  In the error logs I can’t see anything that is related to the error.

Are yo aware of this issue?
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/5789/

I copied the code posted by katell, but it didn’t solve the problem, so I restored back the original.

Will PM you my login info.

Greatly appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lior
Magento Team

Just for the benefit of the community
When you set up a product that is going to use one of the real time shipping estimates options, make sure that the weight of the product is not 0

Magento Community
Magento Community

leetaylordoes

San Diego, CA

Hi all,

Any news on this?
We’re running into the same problem.

Thanks,
Lee

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Lior - 24 April 2008 07:37 AM

Just for the benefit of the community
When you set up a product that is going to use one of the real time shipping estimates options, make sure that the weight of the product is not 0

Lior, thank you so much!!!!! This finding along worth thousand of dollars LOL

yes everyone, ‘weight’ is the problem for my error.!

The Weight attribute is set to REQURIED by default. I ‘unrequired’ the Weight attribute because client wanted to charge flat rates for Ground, 3rd day, 2nd day and overnight, along with USPS Priority shipping option, and doesn’t think it’s necessary for him to enter the Weight value.

My understand is, variable shipping options requires setting up table rate correct? So I did that.

After reading your message, I did the following tests:

1) First with the USPS enable and Weight sets to required again, the table rate shows up;
2) Un-required the Weight attribute with weight entered, the table rate shows too. That means I have to have it sets to Required Value to force client enter the weight input.
3) I then did another test with USPS disabled, the table rate’s gone.

So this means the Table Rate works in conjunction with Carriers’ APIs (?!), but for a store that charges flat rate shipping, store owner doesn’t really care to to enter the Weight, and if he doesn’t want customer to choose which shipping carrier upon checkout, but delivery method only (Ground, Priority, Overnight etc...), how do we get the table rate show up (with carriers disabled if necessary)?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lior
Magento Team

@chinesedream
Table Rate shipping module should be able to work without having other shipping modules
It looks like you have some issue with configurations of the Table Rate shipping

Magento Community
Magento Community

jwebber

Total Posts:  67
Elkhart, Indiana

I had an issue with the shipping options not working because i entered dummy information for the address. I was using USPS shipping and when i entered my real address instead of a dummy address the calculation worked fine.

So if you are testing, make sure to enter real live info smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

leetaylordoes

San Diego, CA

So how does this solution effect scenarios where all products have a weight value greater than “0”?

We’re still getting the errors, and they errors come in two places for USPS:
1. Before the checkout process (in the “Estimate Shipping and Tax” block)
2. In the checkout process

Appreciative of everyone’s work on this.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2