Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Simple Product Bundles

mericson

Total Posts:  13

I have been looking at Grouped Products and Bundle Products for a product bundling need I have.  Unfortunately neither is a good fit for my needs as they each allow editing of the line-item quantities and our bundles have fixed quantities.

Can Magneto support a simple bundled product which prevents editing individual line-item quantities like the current Grouped and Bundled products allow?

It is nice that bundled products offers a means of discounting.  However, it is very strange it doesn’t show the discounted amount / savings when you get to checkout.

Are there such things as extensions for new product types like a fixed bundle?

Thanks,

Mark

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

SHOPmages

Total Posts:  113
Poland

Hi. Its a kind of pack - so You can use Promosets for it

Best Luck

Paul

Magento Community
Magento Community

mericson

Total Posts:  13

Yes, it looks like Promosets could work.  However, I also found a way to accomplish my goals within the base Magento configuration.

1. Create my products that the simple products I’ll combine in bundles

2. Create a ‘bundle’ product type, create name & description forthe bundle, then set Fixed-SKU, Dynamic-Weight, and other appropriate attributes

3. The approach I chose for this step is using fixed price & MSRP, not ideal but I have an explanation for the reason at the end.  Use Fixed price, set a value based on the savings of the bundle.  Manually add the MSRP of the individual products, use that at the MSRP.  Now both MSRP and bundle price will show in the cart!

4.  Create the bundle items.  Use multiple bundle options, but only a single selection for each option.  This, along with disabling ‘user defined qty’ results in the fixed bundles I need.

<u>Options I tried, that didn’t work very well:</u>

The biggest gap in this approach is it doesn’t support dynamic Price *and* dynamic MSRP which would be ideal.  That capability of Magento would not require me to revisit all my bundles if a price of one of the component changes.

I tried the approach of using group discounts for the bundled discount, but I don’t like the fact that doesn’t show the MSRP. 

The only solution that worked for me is to use the fixed price (manually adding up the total) and the fixed MSRP (only available with fixed price).  Because then it shows the MSRP & the bundle price so there is a visual indicator that bundles are discounted.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Monty_iLM
Guru

Total Posts:  450

Hi,

Check this thread also http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/creating-a-bundled-product

Hope this will help you!!

Thanks

Monty
iLoveMage

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community