Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

SSL How To? 

BuyDigital

Total Posts:  31

I am trying to get SSL to work on my magento test site. I keep getting the error message “[your website] has sent an incorrect or unexpected message. Error Code -12263” - in FireFox

Anyone know how to fix this?

test site url: http://tinyurl.com/5zbhzr

p.s in IE instead of an error code it just goes to a ‘page not found’ error.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

BD,

I tested your root domain with the HTTPS prefix and it came back with an error:

{removed link}

That leads me to believe that your SSL cert is not installed correctly. Could you verify that this is, in fact, installed, because I don’t think this has to do with Magento.

Also, if you have a shared SSL cert, please let us know, and some more information would help (who is your hosting company, or is this hosted on your own server, and what kind of SSL do you have, etc.).

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

BuyDigital

Total Posts:  31

Thanks for the quick reply crucial. I have never figured out this SSL thing to be honest, i tried it with osCommerce but gave up.

The site is hosted by FastNext.com and I was told that I had a dedicated ip and to just use the SSL tools in Cpanel. I did what cpanel said but it never seems to work.

p.s. please do me a favor and remove my domain from your post. i dont like search engine spam… thanks =]

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community