Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Inventory setup on custom options

mo.mughrabi

Total Posts:  7

Hi,

am setting up a tee shirts store and am confused about controlling inventory. I sat custom options and put all the colors and another one with all the sizes, but in inventory i can only place the total quantity, I cannot specify how much of which item, for example 10 white, large, 15 black, medium and so on.

If this cannot be done in Magento, is there an extension that i can use to help solve the inventory problem?

version am using
Magento ver. 1.3.2.4

Please advice,

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mo_mughrabi

Total Posts:  2

thanks dd_gi, it is exactly what I was looking for.

Magento Community
Magento Community

justintime67

Total Posts:  188

What was the solution? Please help been looking everywhere!

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageWorxCom
Guru

Total Posts:  410
Belarus, Minsk, Logoisky Trakt 37

Hello,

This feature is available in Advanced Product Options.

Please let us know if it works for you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

voodish

Total Posts:  20

MageWorx.com - 31 January 2011 10:05 AM

Hello,

Well yes and no… if you have Size and Colour of T-Shirt, your extension cannot track inventory; it seems it just does one and the other but not both, which kind of misses the point.  Unless I’m missing something…

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageWorxCom
Guru

Total Posts:  410
Belarus, Minsk, Logoisky Trakt 37

voodish - 06 October 2012 12:49 PM

MageWorx.com - 31 January 2011 10:05 AM
Hello,

Well yes and no… if you have Size and Colour of T-Shirt, your extension cannot track inventory; it seems it just does one and the other but not both, which kind of misses the point.  Unless I’m missing something...

Hello,

The only way to handle this in a default extension’s functionality is to use dependent options (they are available in Advanced Product Options too). Let’s assume you have two options: Size (S, M, L) and Color (White, Black, Red). You need to specify a stock quantity for each configuration like S - White, S - Black, S - Red, M - White and etc.
For this you need make the option Color dependent and enable the setting of our extension, which hides dependent options by default on the front-end, then duplicate the option Color 3 times and assign each copy to every value of the Size option. Then you can specify the inventory for each color’s value and this will be the stock quantity of the configurations of two options.

S:
White (10)
Black (5)
Red (10)

M:
White (10)
Black (5)
Red (10)

L:
White (10)
Black (5)
Red (10)

Currently, this is the only way to support this.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community