Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Checkout continue button taking us back to shopping cart after latest upgrade

jellybabys

Total Posts:  208
UK

Hello

Could someone please help?

I updated the site from 1.2.1 to the latest update and all looked to be ok, the site looked and worked like it did before and that goes for the backend.

No errors is coming up, But when I went to the onepage checkout and clicked the continue button before the C/C part it keeps taking me back to the shopping cart page.  and this has been happening since yesterday but we only found out this morning, so we are lose a few sales because of it.

I’ve pulled most of my hair out trying to find out what is the fault.

Stupidly I updated a live site, so Im in big trouble with my partner..

Any help or advice would be great..

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

stellarwebworks

Total Posts:  17

I’m having a similar problem. In my case it happens when Register is chosen as checkout method (checkout as guest works ok). After you complete step 2, billing information, and click Continue it goes to the Shopping Cart page. It does not matter if you choose ship to this address or different address, it always goes back to shopping cart.

You can see the problem at this site: http://dev.rvworldstore.co.nz

Magento ver. 1.3.2.3

Magento Community
Magento Community

stellarwebworks

I still haven’t resolved this issue. Can anyone help?

Magento Community
Magento Community

stellarwebworks

I’ve being trying some debug statements in the opcheckout.js javascript to get some clues about what’s happening and here’s what I’ve found:

The Ajax request in save: function() (Billing class) is failing. The ajaxFailure function gets called and this is what sends it back to the shopping cart page.

The failure response is: 503 - service unavailable. The URL it is submitting to is http://dev.rvworldstore.co.nz/checkout/onepage/saveBilling/

It works OK when checking out as guest and this very same Ajax request gets called successfully. I’m pretty stumped. Anyone got any ideas why the Ajax request fails with 503 status in the billing save function in register mode?

Thanks in advance,
Aidan

Magento Community
Magento Community

indigo

Total Posts:  28

We are having the same issue here.
No clues as to the reason yet, but I confirm the same bug as reported by jellybabys.

One page checkout reverts to Shopping Cart page just after hitting Continue to go to the CC panel.

Magento Community
Magento Community

indigo

Total Posts:  28

Solved our issue. We had not completely configured the Royal Mail module.

Solution found here:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/56233/#t177362

Magento Community
Magento Community

stellarwebworks

This is not the same issue in my case, I’m not using royal mail module. I’m still looking for help on this so if anyone has any advise, please let me know.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stellarwebworks

Hello,
I’m still in need of help on this. Can anyone offer clues as to why the Ajax request is failing with 503 in register mode but works ok in guest mode?
Thanks in advance,
Aidan

Magento Community
Magento Community

Finn

Total Posts:  75
Finland & The Netherlands

Hi,

I’ve had a similar problem. When choosing the “Register” checkout method I got redirected to my shopping cart after filling in my Billing information. The server would give a 503 when it happened. The problem only appeared when running some final tests after moving the site from development to production just prior to launch. The cause of this problem was a missing php5-mcrypt module in the Apache config. When you create a new account it has to encrypt the password, that’s probably where it went wrong rasberry

Hope it helps if you have this exact problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rdallison

Total Posts:  7

@Finn - If you are still watching this thread could you give some more details on how you fixed this?

I am having the same issue as you, i.e. the “register new account” in the one-page checkout does not save new customer info.

As a workaround I am redirecting to /customer/account/create/ as suggested in another thread (http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/23089/). The new login is saved to database and visitor is then redirected to checkout to enter billing details, but this is clumsy at best.

I ran phpinfo() and saw that I have mcrypt available under PHP 5.2.14, so I am not sure if your “missing php5-mcrypt” diagnosis applies to my situation. How would I diagnose this more accurately?

My client is on shared Linux hosting (1&1;) so I believe we have limited ability to modify apache configuration.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ivanakimov

Total Posts:  1

Does anyone have any other suggestions? We have mcrypt installed and no Royal Mail or anything like that. The problem happens sometimes, not all of the times… But unfortunately it does happen nevertheless.

Magento Community
Magento Community

malikabid

Total Posts:  2

I had the same issue..
worked for 2 days with no results..

FINALLY ,, was mcrypt issue
on UBUNTU server with Apache2 installed mcrypt using these commands:::

apt-get install php5-mcrypt
/etc/init.d/apache2 restart

and got it working.. Alhamdu-lillah.. (Praise be to ALLAH)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community