Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
my post seeking for a programmer) got removed????? 

Andrew Shooner

Total Posts:  11

Isn’t this pretty common for a commercial open-source business model? I think Varien’s target market isn’t people who balk at $75 to post a job solicitation, I think it’s much higher-end than that.

That said, as a small business, the lack of documentation and having to pay to try to pay someone to work on this platform is pretty discouraging. I just wonder at the ‘conflict of interest’ of commercial open-source in general. If you have a company that pays its bills by adding customized features to an open-source product, wouldn’t it prefer NOT to add these features to the open released version? I’m not singling out Varien here, it’s seems that way for all commercial open source.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2