Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Additional Shipping on Selected Items

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

I have a handful of items that need special shipping because they are being dropped shipped or must be shipped in awkward packages ... is there a way to assign additional shipping to specific items?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

milspecmonkey

Total Posts:  1

I require this feature as well. I would also need different price changes depending on if Domestic or International.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Waterloo, ON

Anyone know how to do this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Waterloo, ON

*drags the post out of the 1 week ago or older burial grounds*

Still stuck on this.  Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Waterloo, ON

I’ve found a way to add the $10 to the item as an attribute so that they see the extra $10 is for shipping, but the problem then is it needs to apply only once per sku.  I went in and set up a shopping cart promotion rule so that if there are 2 or more it takes off $10/item - the problem is I need it to leave it for the base item.  Does anyone know how to do that?  I tried several different combinations and it still took it off the base item.  I even tried setting it as a percentage discount since the shipping charge is $10 making it easy to figure out the discount, and then setting the Discount Qty Step, but that didn’t work correctly either.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community