Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email

Magento Forum Estimated Release? 
Jr. Member
Total Posts:  7
Joined:  2012-01-11

I am currently running a few magento sites on 1.7.2 and I have a new client interested in a magento deployment. I would like to start the new client on 1.8.0 and determine the likelihood of upgrading my other clients but I am hesitant due to the bugs. I would Ideally like to wait until to fix most of the general bugs, and then build my new clients site on a fresh, more updated version.

But at this point I am unsure of when this update will come. So I pose you these questions.

Any Idea when will be released (ballpark estimate)?
Would I be better off building my new client on and leaving him there or building on 1.8.0 and upgrading later?

Thank you for taking the time to read.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Back to top