Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upload Images - Wrong directory

thala

Total Posts:  1

Hey everyone.

I just finished to costumize my magento template along with the skin and created a first bunch of products.
After i was done, i checked the frontend where not a single image was shown in the category and product pages.

So i returned to the backend and it seems that no image was saved, even though i uploaded all of them, saved
the product and received the “Your changes has been saved” notification.

After a bunch of re-tries t became obvious that the images are all uploaded properly as they are stored permanently
in the media/tmp/catalog/product/h/o/ directory. But there are no images in media/catalog/ or any of its subcategories.

Of course i did not change any of the backend files, nor the directory structure.

I resetted my htaccess file where i used URL rewrites but that didnt solve the problem.
The php value memory limit is set to 512MB.

I’m running version 1.3.2.4 on a server hosted by all-inkl.com

Additionally, I set up a testing environment on my local machine using almost the same settings throughout the
backend and the image upload works just great.

All permissions on /media/ and its subdirectories are of course set to 777.
I searched for threads dealing with this matter but only found alot of different issues.

Since I am so close to getting this job done any kind of help is highly appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community