Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Is there any affordable Magento hosting for development? 

Emiliano Insua

Total Posts:  10

I have a quick project and I want to set up a hosting very quickly but yeah, I need it fast enough for demo and of course run in some month at least. I believe almost the project will take a year to get much traffic so please advise me the hosting what fit with my requirements:

- Affordable Price
- Quick set up: something like one click installation is perfect
- Work well for magento: it should be a hosting what is configured for magento and have full support magento features.
- Magento support: not just hosting only but also magento hosting support too, sometimes I will need to send ticket like “why magento suddenly doesn’t work” or something like that
- Free domain is perfect smile.
- Work fast in UK, US, Europe is advance

Thanks for any suggestion and please advise me

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

diegogodin

Total Posts:  37

I think you can use a Shared magento hosting for your purpose, when your live site is on, just upgrade your Magento hosting to VPS or dedicated server
There’re many cheap shared hosting out there like HostGator, Bluehost, SiteGround…
Just pick one for your development site

Magento Community
Magento Community

TutorialMagento

Total Posts:  133

Hi Emiliano,
You may take a look at this review on Magento hosting, the hosting listed in this review word well with Magento and they also have affordable monthly fee
http://tutorialmagento.com/top-5-affordable-magento-hosting

Magento Community
Magento Community

jesica_ng

Total Posts:  30

I see people talk about this very much in http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/322920/P15/ hope it help you

Magento Community
Magento Community

serpyre
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  771

We have used SimpleHelix in the past for development, but also Crucial is good, those are the two we would use ourselves (although we use a special architecture so do not use shared hosting).

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

Technically, most hosts that support the required PHP extensions should be able to run Magento for testing/dev purposes. The important factor to consider here is whether the host provides customer support for Magento. Even though they fulfill the technical requirements, and even mention Magento on their site, does not necessarily mean they are very familiar with Magento. Be careful or you will just end up with replies like “We do not provide support for 3. party applications”..

Good luck!

Magento Community
Magento Community

andrewdaily

Total Posts:  28

Well, magentotutorial.com and magentotutorial.org are the same guy. But anyway, I see people are talking very much about this here http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/373937/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community