Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Order and invoice numbers mismatch

Fanatico

Total Posts:  31

I am testing now PayPal integration and order processing on my Magento web site and I notice the following:

Let say I making test orders:

Order #001 -> Order status: Processing -> Invoice automatically created -> Invoice #001
Order #002 -> Order status: Processing -> Invoice automatically created -> Invoice #002
Order #003 -> Order status: Processing -> Invoice automatically created -> Invoice #003
Order #004 -> Order status: PayPal Pending -> Invoice NOT created
Order #005 -> Order status: Processing -> Invoice automatically created -> Invoice #004
Order #006 -> Order status: Processing -> Invoice automatically created -> Invoice #005
Order #007 -> Order status: Processing -> Invoice automatically created -> Invoice #006
Order #008 -> Order status: PayPal Pending -> Invoice NOT created
Order #009 -> Order status: PayPal Pending -> Invoice NOT created
Order #010 -> Order status: Processing -> Invoice automatically created -> Invoice #007
Order #011 -> Order status: Processing -> Invoice automatically created -> Invoice #008
Order #012 -> Order status: Processing -> Invoice automatically created -> Invoice #009

Pay attention to order and invoice numbers!
As you can see to the order #012 corresponds Invoice #009. I think this is very confusing.

The PayPal even adds more to this confusion. In the “Notification of payment” E-mail sent to store owner
in the “Purchase Details” they mentioned “Invoice ID: 012”, which is in terms of Magento is Order #012.

So it is very confusing because “Invoice ID: 012” in terms of PayPal means Order #012 and Invoice #009 in terms of Magento in my example.

Can anyone comment on this confusion?
Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community