Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to add link or page plz

avein

Total Posts:  8

hi im realy tired of searching its 2 day im looking arournd to find how to add page or link in left side see picture plz

Image Attachments
1.JPG

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

Bit hard to tell because you cropped your image so much, but that space looks like the ‘Home page’ space, in which case you can put whatever you like there by going to Admin > CMS > Manage pages, create a new page.
Then under Configuration > web > default pages you specify the new page to be the ‘Home’ page.

If that’s not what you want, please post a larger, more descriptive image.

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

Maltewestedt

Total Posts:  75

ok open up the file app/design/frontend/default/<yourtheme>/template/catalog/navigation/top.phtml Once opened, scroll down and you will see something that sort of look like this:

// adding this in left.phtml should work the same way so just go to left.phtml //

<ul id="nav">
<li><a href="<?php echo $this->getUrl('')?>"><span>
<?php echo $this->__('Homepage') ?></span></a></li>
<?php foreach ($this->getStoreCategories() as $_category): ?>
<?php echo $this->drawItem($_category) ?>
<?php endforeach ?>
</ul>

As you can see the Homepage link is an additional link I have added as an example. Now I will show you what it will look like to add a new additional link after the categorie links are shown:

<ul id="nav">
<?php endforeach ?>
<li><a href="http://yourdomain.com/"><span>
<?php echo $this->__('New Link Here') ?></span></a></li>
</ul>

This way you can now change “http://yourdomain.com” to destination you would like to choose aswell as ‘New Link Here’ to the name of the link you would like to use.

To remove any of the additional links just delete the starting and ending tags of the links, for example:

<ul id="nav">
<?php endforeach ?>
</ul>

Magento Community
Magento Community

Maltewestedt

Total Posts:  75

ok open up the file app/design/frontend/default/<yourtheme>/template/catalog/navigation/top.phtml Once opened, scroll down and you will see something that sort of look like this:

// adding this in left.phtml should work the same way so just go to left.phtml //

<ul id="nav">

<?php endforeach ?>
</ul>

As you can see the Homepage link is an additional link I have added as an example. Now I will show you what it will look like to add a new additional link after the categorie links are shown:

<ul id="nav">
<?php endforeach ?>
<li><a href="http://yourdomain.com/"><span>
<?php echo $this->__('New Link Here') ?></span></a></li>

</ul>

This way you can now change “http://yourdomain.com” to destination you would like to choose aswell as ‘New Link Here’ to the name of the link you would like to use.

To remove any of the additional links just delete the starting and ending tags of the links, for example:

<ul id="nav">
<?php endforeach ?>
</ul>

Magento Community
Magento Community

avein

NeilA - 07 November 2009 12:36 PM

Bit hard to tell because you cropped your image so much, but that space looks like the ‘Home page’ space, in which case you can put whatever you like there by going to Admin > CMS > Manage pages, create a new page.
Then under Configuration > web > default pages you specify the new page to be the ‘Home’ page.

If that’s not what you want, please post a larger, more descriptive image.

Regards

thank you for ur respond plz see the pictur and click to see full picture thank you

Image Attachments
untitled.bmp

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Blue Mountains, Oz

OK, so you’ve made a new page under CMS > manage pages - that right?
To get it to display, go to system > configuration > web > default pages > then choose the new page you’ve created from the drop down next to ‘CMS Home page’

You may then need to to refresh the cache (system > cache management) before you will see it on the frontend.

Does that help?

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

avein

NeilA - 07 November 2009 03:09 PM

OK, so you’ve made a new page under CMS > manage pages - that right?
To get it to display, go to system > configuration > web > default pages > then choose the new page you’ve created from the drop down next to ‘CMS Home page’

You may then need to to refresh the cache (system > cache management) before you will see it on the frontend.

Does that help?

Regards

hi
thank you for respond again.
i dont mean to set a page in my main page. i just want to add manu in the left said menu bar in columns with left bar.
for example i want to make new page and call it music . and i want show that music in columns with left bar .
thank you

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Blue Mountains, Oz

Ah!. OK, now I understand.
Alright, instead of creating a CMS page with your content, create a static block (still from the CMS menu in admin).
Then create a category and set the Display Mode to Static Block Only. Select the static block you created in the first step.
This is how I created all the entries under the ‘Support/Info’ menu on my site.

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

avein

NeilA - 07 November 2009 04:00 PM

Ah!. OK, now I understand.
Alright, instead of creating a CMS page with your content, create a static block (still from the CMS menu in admin).
Then create a category and set the Display Mode to Static Block Only. Select the static block you created in the first step.
This is how I created all the entries under the ‘Support/Info’ menu on my site.

Regards

hi
thank you very much but belive me still not work for me maybe i have problem with ((Identifier ))i dont know what i have to write in here
((Identifier ))
i send u pm .need ur help please

Magento Community
Magento Community

avein

hi
plz any one have any idea i had enugh of seraching .
thank u

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Blue Mountains, Oz

If you following the steps I’ve outlined above, you will get the desired result. If i have understood you correctly, you don’t need to edit any files, nor use any {{Identifier}}.

Part of the problem here is that you really don’t give much information. What steps have you taken in the instructions above? Do you get an error message? Have you cleared the cache?

It really gets difficult to assist people when all they say is “I’ve had enough of searching”!
Guess how the rest of us discovered this stuff?

I suggest you do some more reading in the wiki, perhaps purchase the Magento guide, then if you still can’t work it out, come back here.

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

avein

Hi

thank you NeilA .

i read all ur post in here few times.
when i add new Static Blocks i dont know whant i have to wirte in Identifier :  box
and in Content : box

and when i do add new Categorie do i have to make new root Categorie or subCategories and do i need to change or edit othe option like CMS Block or Is Anchor
or change Custom Design in Categories?

thank you for ur help

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community