Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Please recommend some web hostings for magento

none

Total Posts:  8

Please recommend some good web hostings that fully supports magento or recommend some web hostings that you have already installed magento and run well.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie
Mentor

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

Don’t use DreamHost, they’re super slow.

I just switched to HostGator because of recommendations here, but I haven’t been there long enough to give you a firsthand evaluation yet.  I’ve also heard Helping Hand LLC, Media Temple, and Simple Helix are good.  Try searching the forum—you’ll find quite a few threads about it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

KonstantinDK

Total Posts:  47
Arlington, TX, USA

I’m now with downtownhost. Don’t use 1and1. siteground charges you 50$ to install required extension.
You can pretty much sign up for every hosting to try it. All of them have 30-day money back.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikeyork

Total Posts:  12

Hi i have a slow trouble with (gs) media temple in my Demo Magento Store
Im enable all cache

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

mikeyork - 17 April 2008 09:36 PM

Hi i have a slow trouble with (gs) media temple in my Demo Magento Store
Im enable all cache
http://demo.vauxmedia.com/ck-one.html

Well you have to realize that MediaTemple is setup a little differently than a traditional shared environment. You’re using remote everything basically and that’s where the disadvantage comes into play. Even MT is aware of this (isn’t that the primary reason why they’re either dropping GS or completely revising it?).

Like, I know they use a remote MySQL server, so there’s going to be speed issues with that. I think they use remote disk too (e.g. local disk vs. something like iSCSI), and I’m sure there are other things that are not local either.

That’s one of the primary disadvantages with a system like that, it results in the sporadic loading times...sometimes you might get a normal response, like 2-3 seconds, but then a refresh later it could be 30+ seconds. At least, that’s what we found on our test account with them going back to the 0.9x preview versions and up.

You could upgrade to the DV plan (a VPS) I suppose, but you’ll certainly need more than 256MB RAM on it. Or you could try purchasing a dedicated MySQL GridContainer (a VPS that only runs MySQL) from them, but I’m not sure how much that will help either.

I don’t think (and I can’t find the thread/wiki about this but I believe I saw it on here) that Magento performs well in the kind of environment MT and similar hosts run though.

Magento Community
Magento Community

BuyDigital

Total Posts:  31

I read somewhere on here that HostMonster will work with the php.ini needs (the memory_limit = 64M)

I was about to post this same question. I need to find a good testing host so I can finish my test with the software before pursuing it as the new script for my store.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ross
Guru

Total Posts:  336
Scarborough, North Yorkshire, UK

@Crucial - how much memory do you have available for the Magento Containers Lite product?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

Ross - 18 April 2008 01:00 PM

@Crucial - how much memory do you have available for the Magento Containers Lite product?

Check your inbox, not sure if we should be posting in here, as I’ve mentioned before, we prefer to keep sales related stuff off the forums. You can either PM us or submit a ticket to Sales from our website.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial Web Host
Guru

Total Posts:  364
Phoenix, AZ

BuyDigital - 18 April 2008 07:31 AM

I read somewhere on here that HostMonster will work with the php.ini needs (the memory_limit = 64M)

I was about to post this same question. I need to find a good testing host so I can finish my test with the software before pursuing it as the new script for my store.

I am certain that most hosts would be willing to make this modification to their default configuration.

The change itself takes only seconds and has no impact on the performance of a (professional) web server.

If you’re ‘testing’ or really evaluating Magento, you should do so on the same hardware platform from which you intend to engage in ecommerce -

If I wanted to test a Filet Mignon I wouldn’t order a hamburger.

Magento Community
Magento Community

leonard

Total Posts:  5

i’m using Simple Helix to take the test drive, their support is great, server is fast, and you only need to pay us$5 isnt that too cheap?

so i will definately upgrade my hosting if magento working fine on their server.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Andrew Shooner

Total Posts:  11

I have not put any work (i.e. data) into my store, but I am with Crucial (using the $100/month semi-dedicated container) and I can say that the 1-click install is as easy as advertised, and Magento itself runs sufficiently fast.  I wouldn’t call it snappy, but has Magento ever been snappy? Of course I know the data volume plays a pretty key role, and mine is empty now, but so far so good!

Magento Community
Magento Community

JTL555

Total Posts:  1

I’ve been trying to evaluate good hosting providers for a possible project also. Some research on Simple Helix doesn’t really paint a good picture of them. Do a search on Simple Helix on webhostingtalk.com and the results are not pretty.

Anybody got any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

leonard

Total Posts:  5

i wasnt guess or forward other ppls oppinion but only telling the truth i ‘ve been facing, and simplehelix is the best magento hosting i’ve ever tested until now.

theres a chance you may feel them bad but they are best to my oppinion and experience, and i havent met any problem for a few months.

Magento Community
Magento Community

redsuperhawk

Total Posts:  25
Chicago area

I’m still working on my first two Magento sites, and a lot of the delay has been because of BlueHost. One of them screwed up their backup system on the server I was on. They did some “maintenance” and erased 183 of 193 mysql tables. And their new backup software wasn’t working, so it didn’t get backed up! So, I whole heartedly recommend AVOIDING BLUE HOST. And, in my research, I found the HostMonster and FastDomain are the same company as BlueHost, so I’d avoid those too.

I’ve moved to Simple Helix for the time being. Hopefully they’re not awful.

Jeff
redsuperhawk

Magento Community
Magento Community

style118

Total Posts:  22

I been using a lot of companies, mt, crucial, and now simplehelix.

I been pretty satisfied with simplehelix so far. they have a great support team and certainly fast as advertised.

i’d say they are the top choice right now

Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

@none: I am very well satisfied with the speed, the high level of support and not least the price that SimpleHelix offers. And right now, I am told they move my site over to new faster servers for Magento. grin

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2