Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

how to make new pages

avein

Total Posts:  8

hi

im new in this forum and dont know much abo out magento i search many time can find any resault for how to make new page and how to add the page in the columns with left bar?

plz

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

avein

Total Posts:  8

merigold - 06 November 2009 09:07 PM

hi..
to add new page use Admin -> CMS -> Manage Pages
You can create new pages from here .. all content - meta data can also be set here with specific URL. for adding this new created page to left panel -> create one page mylinks.phtml inside catalog/layer.  and call the following line in xml where ever you want :

<block type="catalog/layer_view" name="catalog.leftnav.mylinks" after="catalog.leftnav" template="catalog/layer/mylinks.phtml"/>

hope this will work for you.

hi thank you for ur respond.
im new realy dont know much about magento . when i add new page i use Admin -> CMS -> Manage Pages.
and i make new apge but i can see it any in main page .
also u said make new page inside catalog/layer but in catalog tap i cant see layer ?
plz can u help thank you

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community