Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
After upgrade 1.7 to 1.8, ‘Place Order’ button does not work

robiulwebpro

Total Posts:  1

Recently i have upgraded my 1.7 magento copy to 1.8. After upgrading everything is fine except the place order button, it’s not working anymore. When i click on place order button, the ajax spinner start moving and stop, but nothing happen. Can someone help please?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

BigLarry

Total Posts:  5

Just to add, the very same is happening to me. I have tried every fix I can find but none seem to work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

There is probably something in the template causing a javascript error. Debug the problem with Chrome developer tools.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Penski

Total Posts:  7

Same Problem for me.
Anyone can help us?

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

Some companies, including ourself, offers upgrade help and store recovery services, but since self promotion is prohibited on these forums I am not allowed to mention it wink Do a Google search

Magento Community
Magento Community

rcproz

Total Posts:  2

Sadly this seems to be how it is with Magento. Makes money for everyone except the little shop owner who has to spend it on everything they try and make this cart work properly.

I’ve been working with Magento for a few days and have blown up a working site several times with “compatible” extensions and just now with “check for updates”.... which even if you don’t select any updates to install will start installing updates to 1.8 and blows it up again.

Seriously thinking about just buying something proven and quit messing around with “free” solutions that only seem to exist to promote the “Paid” and working versions.

Issues with the Base 1.7.0.1 install so far…
1. No products show up on the main site...had to search to find sort of a fix.
2. Stock paypal module has issues...but is somewhat functional from what i can tell.
3. Stock moneybookers module has issues...and is pretty broken.
4. and Free themes really aren’t free after the time wasted trying to get them to work and then paying someone to make something work.

Kinda sick of it as you can tell.

Good luck with your fix.

Magento Community
Magento Community

robchristiansen

Total Posts:  3

I’m experiencing the same issue.

I upgraded our Magento from 1.7.0.4 to 1.8. I was running through some tests and I noticed that the “Place Order” button goes to “Submitting Order Information” and never completes the checkout.

To reproduce the issue, just add an item to the cart and attempt to go through the checkout process as a normal user would.

Any idea where we should start looking? Not being able to place an order on an ecommerce site is pretty fundamental functionality. I don’t see anything clearly wrong using Firebug.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wadeo

BUMP…

I’m having the same issue with 1.8.0.0 on my development box, the place order button just does not do anything.

Any help or suggestions from others that resolved this issue would be great!

Magento Community
Magento Community

robchristiansen

I finally resolved the issue by following the suggestions in the post titled \"Problem with Checkout\”.

Good luck and don\’t forget to also see if the missing code is in your custom template in addition to the default settings.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Suma Tata

Total Posts:  16

Replace the base file the following path
app/design/frontend/default/your_theme/template/checkout/onepage/review/info.phtml
(or)
Replace the line number 81 in info.phtml
review = new Review(’<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/saveOrder', array('form_key' => Mage::getSingleton('core/session')->getFormKey())) ?>’, ‘<?php echo $this->getUrl('checkout/onepage/success') ?>’, $(’checkout-agreements’));

Magento Community
Magento Community

Abedein

Total Posts:  9

I just deleted the checkout.xml of my custom theme
and then
deleted the template\checkout\onepage\review\info.phtml file

It’s works.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bhavikgandhi

For those who tried the given solution and if it doesn’t work than do the changes as mentioned in the page and just disable the extensions used in onepage checkout page. it will work

Magento Community
Magento Community

iambhavin

Total Posts:  2

Hi friends,

i am facing a similar issue.
my website is www.chhedadryfruits.com and i am using FSS Net payment gateway of HDFC bank.
when i click on “place order” button at checkout, then it takes 15-20 seconds before it moves to the payment gateway page.

what can be the possible reason for this? what can i do to reduce the time.

i am using magento version 1.7.0.2 and using one page checkout module only and no other modules attached to it.

Please guide me for the solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nowen

Upon near completion of my cart I came across this problem.  When I clicked the place order button in a mach real transaction, it brought me to a blank screen ( paypal standard option), paypal/standard/redirect came out blank. 

In
>system>comfig>advanced
>disable modules(what mine is called)
>mage_paypal (enable this and all is good in the world)

version 1.7 community (magento)
sm_glasses full edition-----magentech.com developers.

hopefully this was helpful.

Magento Community
Magento Community

marcodt

Total Posts:  22

I have a bit of the same problem with nearly all buttons. Upgraded to 1.8 and now everytime i make an error in any field (e.g. when giving my adressdata in frontend or when editing products in backend) and Magento gives me the red warning text, I can’t go on after i corrected the error. None of the buttons seems to react. Have to reload the whole page and type everything new.
(Buttons work fine as long as i enter everything correct the FIRST time)

That’s very annoying when u enter new products and maybe forget to add some info. Or for customers who forget to add any data and than can’t go on in the order process. Even if they enter the correct data, the button won’t react anymore, and they have to start all over.

First i thought this was some java trouble, but i tried it on different computers and with the three major browser. All the same.

As i am not a total nerd on magento, i hope someone has an idea what might be the trouble or where to look.....

Magento Community
Magento Community

ReptiPro

Total Posts:  4

marcodt - 15 January 2014 03:10 AM

I have a bit of the same problem with nearly all buttons. Upgraded to 1.8 and now everytime i make an error in any field (e.g. when giving my adressdata in frontend or when editing products in backend) and Magento gives me the red warning text, I can’t go on after i corrected the error. None of the buttons seems to react. Have to reload the whole page and type everything new.
(Buttons work fine as long as i enter everything correct the FIRST time)

That’s very annoying when u enter new products and maybe forget to add some info. Or for customers who forget to add any data and than can’t go on in the order process. Even if they enter the correct data, the button won’t react anymore, and they have to start all over.

First i thought this was some java trouble, but i tried it on different computers and with the three major browser. All the same.

As i am not a total nerd on magento, i hope someone has an idea what might be the trouble or where to look.....

I am having this same issue. Does anyone have any ideas what is causing this?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2