Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

changing footer to 3 column layout

Mark Stevens

Total Posts:  38

hello,
I would like to change my footer to a three column layout so that the links and disclaimer sit between two logos. I’ve modified footer.phtml and uploaded the new file to app/design/frontend/mytheme/template/page/html but I’m not seeing the changes reflected in my site.

can I modify the template just for my theme, or does that have to be done in the default directory?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

constructmedia

Total Posts:  42

You can modify it just for your theme, and leave the original copy in the default theme

Cheers
Ryan

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mark Stevens

Total Posts:  38

so I thought I did modify it just for my theme, I uploaded my footer.phtml file within my theme, but it doesn’t seem to be getting used. how do I make it load with the rest of my theme?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community