Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

how to create custom filter like price

glaDiator

Total Posts:  65

I am trying to create a custom filter like price ........ but i have wasted several hours to understand the filtering process in magento ... & failed. downer

Actually i want to create a filter for a custom area attribute .(The area is composed of two attribute height & width ).

For example, i have a product which area is 8x2. here 8=width & 2=height. so i want to show the area(Like 8x2) in the filter.

Thats why what i am trying to do cannot be achieved by just declaring the attributes (witdh & height ) as filterable in admin panel.

can anyone suggest how i can do it ........

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

glaDiator

any help.......

Magento Community
Magento Community

alanin

Total Posts:  67
Nordhausen, Germany

you could add a new filterable attribute and the value for this product is “8x2”

this is not the best way to do it, but its the easiest…

Magento Community
Magento Community

glaDiator

I know i can do it in this way but it is not the solution to my problem.

As two individual attributes height & width forms the composite area attribute. These product (For example - RUG) are a type of configurable product ... that means there may be many to many relation between the height & width for the same product. In the front end the user can search individually by only width/height. But in the layered navigation it will only be filterable as area.

Thats why i need to create a layered navigation for the composite attribute area like the one is done for price.

I badly need the solution of this problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.....

Magento Community
Magento Community

glaDiator

is this forum dead ?
why no one is responding?

I have posted three query in this forum.... i haven’t got a answer to anyone of them.

Magento Community
Magento Community

alanin

Total Posts:  67
Nordhausen, Germany

hi there again,

you need to be kinda patience in the forums to get help, but sometimes it helps wink - i got help every time yet....

to your problem - we got alot of products and attributes aswell - like size of screen, type of printer, type of case and all that stuff - and we have a hidden attribute for each of this attributes to use in layered navigation and we have them set again as a visibile text attribute…

the possible values for the layered navigation is filled by importscripts and programs, so some times there are bout 40 to 50 possible values for layered navigation…

so maybe write urself a script that combines the width/height to the area and puts in into a 3rd attribute…

if this is not helping i dont understand the problem… (maybe explain with a picture of result u want...)

Magento Community
Magento Community

mk30

Total Posts:  73
Lithuania/Vilnius

have the same problem with filters… and do not want to use modified advanced search as filtering solution, but this may become handy ( as a workaround) the filter should look something like http://www.gems4less.co.uk; also after all I’m having other problems such as cleaning and importing new catalog each week also no unique pictures will be needed. cause quantity of shapes ar limited.

Magento Community
Magento Community

netake_nilesh

Total Posts:  1

has anyone find solution for this problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community